Good morrow, all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Suthseaxa

Senior Cook
Ƿeſaþ hāle, ƿineas, fram Sūþſeaxne rīce in Englaland!

I found this forum when looking for a solution to my intermittent bitter spice problem and decided to stay; there is a wealth of information here and everyone seems very helpful. Hopefully, I shall be able to share some of my tips, recipes and experiences, too!

My favourite things to cook are Middle-Eastern and Indian food. I regularly cook foods from all over India, Morocco, Iran, Turkey and the Arab states. Depending on the season, I (of course) also enjoy cooking traditional English fare and even delve in Medieval cooking!

Other than cooking, I very much enjoy history (hence the name ;)), walking and kung fu. Nice to meet you all!

I knew I'd seen that name before, read it in a Bernard Cornwell book, his Saxon series. Love his books, but I am more of an Arthurian Legend and British Isles Mythology fan. Actually anything that happened before the Battle of Hastings.

Welcome to DC! I hope you enjoy your time here.

I've just discovered the joys of curries. Have been using jarred sauces as it's just me that will eat them. But hoping to start making my own in the near future as I will have at least one other person who will try them with me. I don't know if Dad likes curries but he will at least give it a shot.

Thanks to both of you :)

Sūþſeaxa means "South Saxon" (hence why you probably know it from Cornwell's books!) and I am from Sussex in England.....though where I was born and raised would have been in Ƿeſtſeaxna Rīce (Wessex) but I'll keep that quiet ;)

Welcome to DC. I am intrigued by the potential conversations, recipes and techniques. Here in the U.S. the general feeling is that though it will sustain you, British food is not exciting, or up to the same level of excellence as is the food from Italy, France, or Spain. Me, I know better. Growing up in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, I am well acquainted with pasties, many freshwater fish preparations, including fish and chips, Scotch eggs, and meat and potato dishes. I've read all my life about puddings, fools, and other tempting fare, including wild game. I mean, how can any country so rich in history, and the influence of so many cultures have boring food.

Me, I think that you have to have wonderful food that most of here accross the big pond have just never experienced. I look forward to your input, and will of course share many of our own recipes back.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom