Graysmoke's tale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

graysmoke

Assistant Cook
am a retired woman, a lover of travel, cooking, reading, talking; they are in order of perference. I do enjoy doing some of them concurrently. There are very few foods I do not like/will not try again. Calmari, and okra. I probably will try the calmari angain. I will probably believe someone else who tells me, "you have not had it cooked correctly ." And once again I shall chew on a tastless rubber band. I entered this site in my search for a Jamssen Temptation recipe. I found it, and tonight I will savor.

Welcome Graysmoke,
Glad you found what you were looking for. I hope you will continue to enjoy all there is here at DC, great recipes, good people and lots of fun.

kadesma:)

Uncle bob
My DH loved stewed tomatoes. okra and a can of Grean Giant corn.
How do you fix yours?

Hey Dove....

Okra & Tomatoes...I really don't have a formal recipe as such..I just kinda wing it...
Kinda like this.....Start with bacon drippings...saute a onion in it...add okra(chopped) saute that for a few..then add a pint of tomatoes or (maybe a couple of cans of diced tomatoes) salt, pepper, cayenne, some fresh chopped garlic, thyme, and my own "cajun" seasoning...simmer on low...don't over cook...

I do not put corn in it...but obviously it can be done with no harm.

Adding corn reminds me of another dish.. Maque Choux..which is "another animal" and is de-lish-us!

Welcome Graysmoke, you will enjoy it here. Great folks and recipes. Everyone is very helpful too.

Welcome to DC :chef:

Enjoy your time here. Please notice the emergency exits on either side and PLEASE keep your seatbelt on as the ride may be bumpy ;) And we have to have you "restrained" to get you to try calamari and okra again!

Thank you all who welcomed me! Calamari, okra? As long as those re my only no-nos I believe I may live a rich, starchy, happy life. I am confused about the profiles. Only my name shows on mine A few give b.d. and age, but that seems to be it. I at times confuse easily, but seldom admit it. this is a bigie for me. bun ziua graysmoke

Welcome graysmoke! I, too, think calamari is reminiscent of a rubber band, however, I think I may enjoy the rubber band a bit more.

As for the profiles, check the welcome I sent you in your pm message box. It may help you out a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom