Greetings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CrazyHermit

Assistant Cook
Hey all, I'm a former line cook who decided that cooking was a lot more fun when I didn't have to do it for a living, so I quit my job, moved halfway across the country, went back to college, moved back, transferred schools, and am now attending Southern Oregon University in pursuit of a degree in theatre. That's pretty much me in a nutshell. I look forward to getting to know the folks here, and I'm happy to see some familiar faces lurking about.

Great to see you, Allen! Glad you took time away from studies to visit.:)

Depends on where you go really.. the southwest corner of the state is fairly warm and fairly dry, the Willamette valley is nice in the summer and very rainy the rest of the year(I grew up there). Interestingly enough, most of the eastern half of the state is high desert, very hot in summer and very cold in winter. And it is gorgeous. All of it. It's also a great place to be a foodie. Loads of great wineries and microbreweries (the Brewer's Festival in Portland at the end of July is not to be missed), great restaurants not only in the bigger places like Eugene and Portland, but also here in Ashland. All in all, a great place to be.

And I'll be in school for at least another year and a half. Then again, if I'm able to talk them into letting me pursue a double BFA, I'll be here a little longer... oh yeah.. and then there's grad school... heheh

Last edited:
expatgirl said:
Sounds like you've had a very interesting life---I hear that Oregon is beautiful. What's the weather like and when do you graduate? Welcome to the forum--lots to see here!

Mmm, Oregon...

Isn't that where that aromatic herb comes from?:huh: :ohmy: :cool: :LOL:
Welcome, o Thespian One!!

cliveb said:
Mmm, Oregon...

Isn't that where that aromatic herb comes from?:huh: :ohmy: :cool: :LOL:
Welcome, o Thespian One!!

ROFL Clive, great to see you too.. pretty sure it didn't come from Oregon (in terms of historical origination), but I seem to remember reading somewhere that the only bigger cash crop in the state is grass seed (the golf industry has been very good to Oregon agriculture)

My BIL lives in Oregon. Just in case anyone wanted to know. ;Þ

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom