Greetings from Alaska

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi PA Baker! Yes you must visit AK, I've hear the Alaskan cruise from WA to AK is wonderful! I live here but think I'll join the tourists for a cruise someday. ;0)

TexasGirl~ I have to gather ingredients for my own sushi experiment, I'll be sure to keep the receipt and email you the prices. I am not on MSN or AOL so I don't think I can PM you or send you a instant msg. But I'll definitely let you know so you can compare to online shops. Probably tomorrow or the day after. :0)

It was so nice to find this place and meet you all! Time to clean house woo-hoo!

Hello, PrincessinAK!

I'm glad you've found your way around our forum already. I can guarantee you 3 things:
1. You'll find great recipes!
2. You'll meet wonderful new friends!
3. Your laundry pile will be up to the ceiling because you were too busy with #s 1 & 2!

Princess, if you click on my name, a box will come up just beneath it. Click on "Send Texasgirl a private message" It allows you to send me a pm without worrying about emails and instant messaging. It's very handy. And if you will look at the top of this page you will see "Welcome Princessinak" and just below it, you will see private messages. If you see that there is something there, just click on private messages and it will take you to them all.

Welcome, Princess! jkath is soooo right...my laundry is piled up, the vacuuming doesn't get done, my work is piling up, too...this place is addicting!! I'm kinda new here, too - everyone is so nice! Welcome aboard!! :)

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sending them.

Elf, tell that long tooth animal not to hurt the "Bear"
Isabella is so cute but I keep asking you to put some clothes on her.:LOL:
Dove

Last edited by a moderator:
hi princess !!!! welcome to dc !! those pics are awesome. i'd love to visit alaska... but there's one problem. you forgot the pictures of wolves !!! lol

Here are some pictures of where I live. They aren't real good. I'll try to get some this weekend of other things.

The first is what our cove normally looks like.
The second on is the lake where I live.
The third is what we got Valentines day last year:ohmy:
The fourth is what my back yard looks like in the summer.

Attachments

• lake.jpg
    lake.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 47
  • our cove.jpg
    our cove.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 224
  • valentines day back yard.jpg
    valentines day back yard.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 41
  • summer.jpg
    summer.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Welcome!!!

Those pictures are absolutely beautiful. I have always wanted to take one of those cruises, but am not sure I could handle the cold. Here in Florida 50 degrees is a cold day. :)

Wow! I feel so incredibly welcomed and fortunate to have found such a friendly forum! Thank you all!!!

Texas girl those pictures are BEAUTIFUL! You got snow in Texas? That's tooo funny!

Hi middie! Wolves? I've never seen one here, they're pretty shy and stay away from the city. Moose roam freely and are protected within the city. Now momma mooses (meese?) during the spring when they're having babies that's what you gotta watch out for. Very protective and want alot of space!:ohmy:
Hmmm, there's a growl coming from my belly. I heard there's a virtual cafe around here where I can order up anything I want! I gotta check that out! Does anyone want to sit with me?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom