Greetings from Oklahoma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldcampcook

Senior Cook
Just joined today. Am an old codger and got into baking about 4 months ago. Mainly sourdoughs and baguettes, but some whole wheat and rye, also.
Just tried the no knead method last week and have another in my dutch oven in the stove right now.

Welcome, oldcampcook. We're glad you've found us. The no knead bread is quite a hit here at DC.

In between first and second risings, check out our forums to see what other treasures exist here.

Glad to have you.

Thanks for the welcome

I feel humbled to be in the presence of such illustrious personages.
(military career tended to make me verbose! LOL)

For ALLENOK, I live near Mounds, south of Tulsa and work in Tulsa.

Old Camp Cook :chef:

Lucky Neighbor

The wind blows from my house across the road to a neighbor's house.

I can count on, after about 20 mins after the bread goes into the oven, the phone will ring and she wants to know what I am baking. She usually gets her share as she is a good friend of my gf. :angel:

Welcome to DC oldcampcook! I think I gained a pound just reading about all those breads!

:) Barbara
4.gif

AllenOK,
I work security for CITGO Petroleum at 61st and Yale. Live on Hectorville Road.
What do we call Okie sourdough starter? We need to come up with catchy name! lol

Dove,
I spent 24 years in the Air Force and retired in 1978. Traveled over much of the world and enjoyed eating the local breads everywhere I went.

Old Camp Cook

Hello, I just signed up here today. Couldn't help but be curious about your name. I am a professional chef and I have participated in chuckwagon cooking competitions many times. The only things I ever won for were my biscuits and peach cobbler. Do you chuckwagon cook or just dutch oven? Both are wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom