Greetings from Steelers Country

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JillBurgh

Sous Chef
Yes, we Steelers fans are still loyal even after this season fizzled out for us...

Well I've posted a couple of times today so I should introduce myself. I'm 30 years old and, after 12 years of working nights in fine-dining, I finally have a day job, and evenings free to cook!

I am also continually improving and expanding my city garden. (With the help of my garden-tending-boyfriend for the grunt work).

I love this site and I'm sorry I didn't find it sooner. I can't wait to dive in and join the community. I look forward to exchanging ideas with everyone, and working my way up to a "Master Chef."

Welcome, Jill from the 'burgh. I'm about 2 hours north of you, but my loyalties are about 2 hours west of me, also along Lake Erie.... :ermm:

Looking forward to trading barbs with you next football season ;)
We play a game here once in a awhile called name that photo..... :angel:

Attachments

• 0612benaccident3-a.jpg
    0612benaccident3-a.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 187
Touche

:ohmy:Oooh.. don't forget about the karma, now, Pacanis... now I'll have to remind you of a similar incident...:LOL:

Attachments

• wins.jpg
    wins.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 92
Thanks everyone for your friendly* words.​
Sorry about the Packers, Dave, hope you weren't sitting out in that cold for the championship game.:eek:

* "Friendly" in this context may be interpreted either literally or in a sarcastic tone, dependent upon previous correspondences with said poster. Poster is not responsible for misinterpretations and will therefore not accept renegs, rebuttals, or redactions in direct response to the statement set forth herein. Go Steelers in 2008.

Hi Jill! Welcome! I spent two and a half years in Pittsburgh while I attended Duquesne. I loved the city and miss it all the time!! I do have family there so I get to visit once in a while...when I do I hit Primanti Brothers!! :)

Very cool. I graduated from Duquesne in May (Summa CumLaude:angel:). I really loved it there, especially as an adult student where I can appreciate it more. They tore down the smaller parking garage by Rockwell and made it into a sprawling park with a panoramic city view. Really beautiful.

Thanks for touching base.. I love Primanti's too (Fried Capi and Egg), we live right by the Strip so we head out there frequently!

Welcome... I too know the feeling..more than you about the fizzled season...
I'm from Buffalo. I don't really care much anymore for the Bills. Anyone got suggestions. I will be rooting for the Patriots this year...
But welcome, you'll love it here!

.....I'm from Buffalo. I don't really care much anymore for the Bills. Anyone got suggestions.....

Take solace in the fact that you invented the Buffalo chicken wing :cool:
And at least made it to the Superbowl :)

Take solace in the fact that you invented the Buffalo chicken wing

Oooh, good point! I love me some Buffalo Wings. Is OJ from Buffalo, though? That's not a big bragging point, I guess.:ermm:

BUT... I just learned about the original Beef-on-Weck and it looks outstanding. Ever have a Schwabl's, Princess?

Back
Top Bottom