Greetings from the Lake District - UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yumyumbrown

Assistant Cook
Hello Everybody,

Hoping to learn lots of new recipes and get some ideas for good wholesome cooking from abroad, cause that's what we mainly do in the North of England. The 'real' men up here like good hearty food such as steak and kidney puds - jam roly poly - steak and chips - roast leg 'o lamb/pork with all the trimmings. None of that nouveau cuisine stuff i.e. half a sardine on a rocket leaf. Can anyone out there give me some new and different ideas to satisfy these northern lads:rolleyes: ?

Welcome to DC!!

Come on in amd make yourself at home! Using the "search" feature you can find many tempting ideas for your Northern lads!

Again Welcome and...

Enjoy!!

Hi, yumyum. Welcome to DC.

Not to worry. You'll get plenty of ideas. Just sit back and ready your fingers for lots of "cut and paste" and make sure your SAVE key is in working order.

While you wait, take a look at all our forums to get ideas of your own. Enjoy.

Bienvenue, yumyum. You might want to focus your first foray into our forums in the Soups, Stews, and Casseroles section. Lots of rib-sticking ideas in there. We Yanks are also always looking for another way to do potatoes, so check the Veggies section.

Hey yumyum!

Love the lake district - I lived in Lancaster for 3 years and went up to the lakes most weekends.

I'm sure you have a recipe for Lancashire Hot Pot ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom