Greetings from the south

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

decolady

Assistant Cook
Good morning fellow cooking enthusiasts. I've been a member of this site for nearly three years, but lost links to it a long time ago with a hard drive crash. So this is actually my first post.

I love to cook, but don't really consider myself a baker. My family (spouse and two DDs) are always appreciative of my efforts and very good about trying "new" things, so we have a lot of fun. #1 DD is 20 and #2 DD is 14. Both of them enjoy learning to cook things when they have time, but it's not a burning passion for either of them.... yet. :) DD1 has gotten a lot more interested since she has moved into a house with two other college students. LOL. I also garden (veggies, herbs & edible flowers) organically and love to put things up for winter. I'm also interested in wild foods. We split time between our house in town (AL) and our farm (TN). The garden is at the farm, but school and work are in town. The farm is for weekends, summer & holidays. I feel very lucky to come from a family of good cooks, who passed their love of creating food on to me.

So glad to have found you again.

Vegetarian meals

Hello,
I need some suggestions for simple evening meals. I love eating spicy curry or pasta (tortelini) with steamed vegetables, But thats all we cook. I need one more interesting meal I can make regularly.

any suggestions
Chris
vegetarian recipies

Last edited:
Welcome decolady. Every one of us loves to cook. And we need input from well, everybody.

We all come from different areas, have different experiences, and access to different foods. And there are professional chefs here and many of us who just do the best we can. And sometimes our food is from the can. The pros are great by the way, they just jump in to help.

So come on in. Don't ever feel intimidated. If I get a bit uppity, Uncle Bob will jump in to correct me, or GB, or the rest of the gang.

Anyway you are welcomed. God bless.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. It's nice to be back. I will try not to be intimidated. :) David, I was just in Hickory last month. We were driving to VA Beach and spent the night there. I will definitely share what I can.

Hello,
I need some suggestions for simple evening meals. I love eating spicy curry or pasta (tortelini) with steamed vegetables, But thats all we cook. I need one more interesting meal I can make regularly.

any suggestions
Chris
vegetarian recipies
Think you might need to start a new thread Sunshinedreamboy, but in the interim, how about a vegetable pie using filo pastry. You can put whatever you fancy just about inside, either using a white sauce or another one that grabs your fancy. Also vegetarian moussaka, just use diced vegetables in between the layers instead on minced lamb. Stir-fries either with or without tofu. Vietnamese spring rolls. Sang choy bow but with finely diced vegetable mix instead of mince. Soups, patties, roasted stuffed capsicums, and so on.
But otherwise, welcome!

Back
Top Bottom