gremolata

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gremolata

Assistant Cook
:-p :-p hi guys,
I been around the world a few times and am enjoying all the benefits of travel.a great grammie, or grandmama,I still love to cook and recently made the three best cakes in the last 20 years...the two before that were a carrot cake with apricot orange marmelade, maybe some recall the madison avenue place(Sara?) where she has a bake shop and sells her jams,; the other a drop dead german chocolate cherry with kirsh and also a wicked good cheese cake with the irish licquer on marthas vinyard where i was a chef. most people cannot stand my chatter, I have no idea why.Also made a name for myself with a wonderful grapefruit sorbet witha great licquer and the Queen Mother chocolate tort by the Florida cake doyen, whose name I cannot recal, maybe you can. People hate me...I am so full of what I love to do.

Love, a great :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: 4 stars!

i am not an assistent cook, though I do not mind working as such. I do what I can to keep the touch.in this field if you are a passionate cook, you do what works, writing, teaching, ccopaching, catering, cheffing, whatever.

:LOL:
gremolata said:
i am not an assistent cook, though I do not mind working as such. I do what I can to keep the touch.in this field if you are a passionate cook, you do what works, writing, teaching, :LOL: :-p coaching, catering, cheffing, whatever.favorite jobs were on Marthas Vinyard and for my family and friends.:LOL: :-p

gremolata said:
i am not an assistent cook, though I do not mind working as such. I do what I can to keep the touch.in this field if you are a passionate cook, you do what works, writing, teaching, ccopaching, catering, cheffing, whatever.

Welcome to DC, gremolata!

Your title of "Assistent Cook" is based on the number of posts you have made here - not on your professional status elsewhere. We have several professional cooks and chefs here who all started out as "Assistent Cooks" here.

Over time - the more you participate ... the higher up you will move through our "kitchen".

maybe some recall the madison avenue place(Sara?) where she has a bake shop and sells her jams,;
you must be referring to Sarabeth's. She has two places, East Side and West! lovely jams, but not imo the best in town. :)

and welcome to DC, Grem!

chiffonade

THANK YOU EXPAT

YOU HAVE A COLORFUL WAY OF EXPRESSING YOUR WELCOME TO ME...LOVE THE CHIFFONADE OF INDIVIDUALS ON DISCUSS COOKING.
IT IS MY PLEASURE TO SHARE RECIPES THAT DO WELL .IT IS FUN TO PUSH THE ENVELOPE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN, BRING NEW POSSIBILITIES TO THE TABLE.RECENTLY I ADDED VONG 5 ASIAN SPICE TO SOME HUMMAS, DID THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE, NOT EXACTLY LIKE 40 THIEVES HUMMAS, AND JUST AS GOOD.FOUND A FEW DIFFERNT CANS OF CHICK PEA:) S AND LIKED THE WHOLE FOODS UNSALTED AND THEIR ORGANIC CHICKPEAS, THEY HAD THE FRESHEST FLAVOR , IF YOUR ARE NOT MAKING HUMMAS FROM SCRATCH.THERE IS A HUMMAS CHIP BY PLONKY'S AND A KETTLE BAKE POTATO CHIP THAT IS VERY GOOD.I LOVE CHIPS AND DIPS, MOSTLY CHICK PEA OR WHITE BEAN WITH SAGE.

Dear Gremolata,

I LOVE hummus--my family and I lived in Egypt for 6 years and we loved the middle-Eastern cuisine there. And unfortunatley, I'm a chip-aholic--so any good recipes would be much appreciated. We also LOVE Asian food as well--I saw your reference to Vong's 5 Asian spice. What is your 40 thieves hummus??

For expatgirl

Wow, are we on the same page or what! Hummas has long been a favorite thing to have available! Many years ago, I would even peel the freshly cooked chickpeas...I don't now. The Vong asian 5 spice comes in a 4 ounce round cardboard box with Vong on the front.It is a mix of spices that reminds me of the hummas called Forty Thieves..lots of spices.Comples and for me delicious. I do like lots of different syles, thought simple is wonderul when the chick peas are tender and sweet. Swirled with Extra Virgin Olive oil , toasted sesame seeds, whole roasted garlic cloves, lemons,italian parsley.:)
fresh toasted pita chips...oh, my! Maybe you know Vong, short for his name , is a well known successful chef in new york...
In massachsetts "Oleana" is a fabulous middle eastern style, very upscale , resturant and she has just published a cookbook called Spice by Anna Sortun.The NYT has done a couple of big stories aobut her, her place and book.The restuarant is in Cambridge,Ma.

Back
Top Bottom