Happy Anniversary Barbara L and Maidrite!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Hey you two, hope you have a wonderful anniversary (do I have the right day this time? :angel:). You both deserve the best and I pray that you are blessed for many years to come.

Thank you so much! Yes, you got the right day! I told James that we have officially made it past the "7 year itch" stage! :LOL:

We will be splurging a little for dinner tonight. As I told Nancy, we will be eating huge slabs of beef with all the fixings, and a dessert that we are too full to eat! Plus leftovers for a couple days!

:cool:Barbara

Barbara and James. happy anniversary my friendss. Enjoy your special day,
cj

Thanks everyone! I am really looking forward to going out!

Alix--I would, but the medium-rare prime rib or steak, and the bread are better than any dessert they could serve!

:cool:

I'm not sure yet Mama! I'm torn between Lonestar, O'Charley's, and Logan's Roadhouse. Lonestar and O'Charley's have the best ambiance (not best necessarily, but more romantic). O'Charley's is the only one of the three that serves prime rib, and their bread is amazing. Logan's bread is really good too, and they are the only ones who have fried mushrooms. The porterhouse there is just as good as Lonestar's and $2 cheaper. Decisions, decisions! We will make our decision on the fly!

Well, we are off now to take a romantic drive to the pharmacy for all our old age medicine :rolleyes: and will then head up to North Carolina to eat!

I know what you mean about the bread at O'Charley's...it is awesome!

Wherever you decide, I hope the two of you have a wonderful time.

Thanks everyone! We had a great time! We were both in the mood for fried mushrooms, so we went to Logan's Roadhouse. Their rolls are as good as O'Charley's, and everything else was good too. We ended up getting the same thing, just cooked or topped differently. We started with fried mushrooms. I had sweet tea and James had unsweetened tea. I had a salad with blue cheese dressing, and he had his with raspberry-walnut vinaigrette. Porterhouse steak (mine medium-rare/his medium-well), loaded mashed potatoes, sauteed mushrooms on the steak. Delicious rolls with whipped butter. We don't usually get dessert when we eat out, but we shared a huge chocolate brownie sundae (best one I have ever had). Most of the steak came home and will be enjoyed tomorrow (and possibly the next day). They even did their Logan's "YeeHaw" for us for our anniversary! To top it off, we had the sweetest waitress in the world, and we had a great time talking with her.

It was a great day!

I am very glad the two of you were able to just go out and enjoy yourselves. Sounds like a wonderful meal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom