Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kathryn

Assistant Cook
Hi,
Kat just moved to Ft Worth. The new kid in town needs to have copper pots retinned--very heavy copper pots, so don't want to mail these to Seattle or NJ. Does anyone know a reputable firm in the d/fw area? Thanks, Kat

Denver is the closest I know to you...Rocky Mountain Re tinning. Very reputable. If you find another, let us know.

Kat, the three places I can recommend because I have had business with them and have heard nothing bad about them on various blogs etc (where lots of shops are blasted regularly)

East Coast Re Tinning Rhode Island
Rocky Mountain Re Tinning Denver CO
Fantes Kitchen Wares Philly PA

Texas may well have metal shops that can do such work but I have yet to find them on the web.

I did find this on the Gardenweb site. Worth looking into as it's in your state. Let us know what you find out.

Just in case anyone from Texas wants similar information: Akers Metal Repair
Richmond Ave.
Houston, TX (713)527-8205
Beautiful retinning of hammered copper, repair of silver, and repair and rewiring of antique brass lamps and chandeliers.

Copper Restoration

Thanks, Robo,
You're right--closest dealer seems Rocky Mt Retinning in Denver. Talked with Noles Davis of Dallas, who does gold, silver, nickel replating and restoration, but not copper because it has to be done by hand. He said that the last Texan who did this craft died a couple years ago. I'll give the Houston contact a jingle and see what they can do. Didn't think it would be this hard.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom