Hello =)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

socalchica

Assistant Cook
Hello there! Just joined today from sunny Southern California! Hope to learn a lot and contribute as well. I'm not the best cook by any means, but I'm trying to focus on healthier recipes and change my lifestyle. Been browsing this forum for awhile and figured I may as well join. :)

What part of SoCal are you from, if that's not giving too much info. I've lived on Coronado Island, North Park Sandiego, Santee, Lakeside, and El Cajon, all in San Diego County. El Cajon is where my DW lived when I met her. We are now in my home town of Sault Ste. Marie MI. The climate change was quite a shock for her. She still doesn't care to play in the snow, like our children, and I do. And the water of our Great Lakes is not like swimming in bath water, and is far to cold for her liking. Me, I love it. They say you acclimatize to where you live. I never got used to the heat, and she's never gotten used to the cold. We've been here for 20-plus years. I was in the San Diego area for about eleven years. I kind of think its mostly in our heads. I had a great time in the heat, when I was dirt-biking. I didn't even feel it. Conversely, if it's 75' in the car, but there is snow on the ground, DW is freezing. If it's 75 in the house, on that same day, we are too warm. I've somewhat come to the conclusion that comfort, in large part, is a state of mind.

In any case, glad you're here. We will help with any and all questions, and gladly accept any advise, or things you learn and want to share. We are a friendly, if sometimes whacky bunch, except for me of course:ROFLMAO:. We love to cook, talk, discuss, and live life, and share what we have with anyone who loves the same. The only rules here are no discussions about religion, politics, or anything you wouldn't want your six-year-old to read.

We keep it friendly, and try to lift each other's spirits. Hope we can bring a smile to your face.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Watch out for the Chief...he'll talk your ear off if you let him.

Welcome to DC, I hope you enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom