Hello all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

concreteman

Assistant Cook
I'm 66 years old, lived on my own for 33 years, and until I retired I never had cooked. I either got some one to cook for me, ate in a restaurant, or ate tv dinners. I can now cook easy meals and some air-fryer one person meals that I share with my dog. Sometimes my dog doesnt even want them! I think I have a lot of new reading while we are under Covid-19.

Welcome to DC. I'm a lot older than you and have cooked most of my life, but you're never to old to learn to cook so we are glad you've joined us. Have fun, and we are always here to help when asked. :chef:

Welcome to the forum!

Having answered your other post, looking for ground cherry seeds, I'm wondering if you also grow other things for your new hobby?

No, these are for my landowner who has a small garden in his back yard that he shares with me. He has never heard of them but if I can find the seeds he will grow them.

Ahoy there, concreteman...

While I'm not new, I'm recently down from the rafters, so welcome aboard!

Some things freeze well, so if you double-up, you can have meals for later.

You should use a pic of your puppy as your avi.

Welcome to the DC Forums :)

Whatever you want to try your hand at...... cooking, baking, roasting, smoking, brewing, gardening, or kitchen chemistry....I'm sure you can find the help you need here. It's a great place. And when your dog notices the difference in your cookin.....I'm sure he or she will agree. eh

That is what my landlord does. If he has enough put away for the winter he then offers the extra to me. I'll post a picture of my 55 Lb. baby when I figure out how to.

Consider making some dog treats :)

1 egg
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup mashed banana (1 ripe banana)
1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 egg white, lightly beaten, for brushing

Directions
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).

Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
Stir together the egg, peanut butter, banana, and honey in a medium bowl; blend thoroughly.
Stir in the flour and oats; mix well.
Turn dough out onto a floured surface and roll to 1/4 inch thick.
Cut into desired shapes with a cookie cutter or simply cut into 1' x 2' rectangles.
Place on baking sheet and brush tops with egg white.
Bake biscuits in preheated oven until dried and golden brown, about 30 minutes (depending on size).

Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.

:chef:

Just a heads up about dogs and peanut butter, in case someone doesn't already know.
Code:
Health Alert: Xylitol

Most peanut butter is safe, but some can be deadly. Recently, some peanut
butter manufacturers switched to using the sweetener xylitol. Xylitol is a
sugar substitute often found in sugar-free products like chewing gum,
toothpaste, breath mints, chewable vitamins and baked goods. It is safe for
people, but toxic to dogs.

From a page on the website of The American Kennel Club

Taxlady. Thanks for the heads up about dogs and peanut butter. I do give my dog a little peanut butter but I hope it is safe. I give a tiny corner of my toast and peanut butter when I have some.

Back
Top Bottom