Hello all. New to the site.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCulinaryDiva

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone. Before I jumped into discussions on the board I thought it would be polite if I introduced myself.

I'm an African-American female that resides in north Florida and I'm an avid cooking enthusiast. I look forward to corresponding with you all on the boards.

Well, hello neighbor. I live in North Florida also. I'm sure you will find lots of good stuff here.

Well...

...I don't have a favorite recipe per se, but I threw a fabulous brunch the other weekend and the dish that was a hit, and that my guests ate all of and left none for me the poor hostess was Brunch Shrimp:

1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
salt to taste
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/4 cup finely minced onion
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme (crush it)
3 tablespoons bacon drippings (yeah I know, it's pork fat, but it's GOOOOOOD)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 cup chicken broth (I prefer no salt added)
Chopped parsley

Combine shrimp, lemon juice salt and red pepper in a small bowl; set aside. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the stir onion and red bell pepper with thyme in bacon drippings for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle flour over vegetables, cook, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes or until flour begins to brown. Add shrimp and chicken broth; cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and gravy is smooth. Add water or additional chicken broth if gravy is too thick. Serve immediately over grits.
(You may prefer rice if this is for dinner)

How's that?

TheCulinaryDiva said:
...I don't have a favorite recipe per se, but I threw a fabulous brunch the other weekend and the dish that was a hit, and that my guests ate all of and left none for me the poor hostess was Brunch Shrimp:

1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
salt to taste
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/4 cup finely minced onion
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme (crush it)
3 tablespoons bacon drippings (yeah I know, it's pork fat, but it's GOOOOOOD)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 cup chicken broth (I prefer no salt added)
Chopped parsley

Combine shrimp, lemon juice salt and red pepper in a small bowl; set aside. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the stir onion and red bell pepper with thyme in bacon drippings for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle flour over vegetables, cook, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes or until flour begins to brown. Add shrimp and chicken broth; cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and gravy is smooth. Add water or additional chicken broth if gravy is too thick. Serve immediately over grits.
(You may prefer rice if this is for dinner)

How's that?

Sounds amazing Diva.......thanks so much for sharing. I love new TNT recipes.

I'm originally from Kansas City, Missouri and have been in the south since 1997, so southern food was foreign to me. I'm used to potatoes for breakfast and not grits, however, I've adjusted. I also had a hit with the mango-orange mimosa's I served. They went over so well I think most of my guests were a little buzzed...lol

mango-orange mimosa's

1 cup mango nectar
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1 750 ml bottle chilled champagne
Strawberries
mint leaves

Combine mango nectar and orange juice in a large pitcher. Stir in champagne. Serve immediately. You can garnish with the strawberries and mint leaves if you desire.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom