Hello Everybody!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fritoman

Assistant Cook
I guess I'm the new kid on the block. I've been reading this forum for several days, and finally decided to join. A little about myself.... I'm just a country boy, We raise almost all our own food. We plant a 2 acre garden, raise a hog or 2 every year, usually have 30 meat (cornish cross) chickens and a dozen egg layers running around. I usually will bag a couple of deer, a few wild turkeys, and alot of rabbit. We process almost 1,000 quarts of vegtables and meat every fall to get us through the winter.
Outside of 6 pressure cookers and several canning kettles I use only cast iron to do every day cooking. I'm more comfortable cooking for 30 people than I am for 5.
well enough about me... I just look foward to sharing and learning from everybody here. God bless!!

Fabulous name, Fritoman!

Wow - you must have so much food knowledge that us "city folk" know nothing about!

I'm so glad you've decided to join our family. I look forward to your posts.

Make sure to jump in to every category - but beware - it becomes quite habit forming!

welcome-.gif

Hey Fritoman

I too like your name! I love good ol' Country Cooking! I bet you have some new ones for me and all of us! Welcome aboard and have fun!! And, dont forget to vote 5 stars everday for DC!

Welcome Fritoman, I'm sure we are all going to learn alot from you here on preserving food and gardens. I too can and freeze but not at your volume. We also get and eat venison and enjoy all the home grown veggies during the winter months.

welcome fritoman!!! i'm sure u r gonna love it here,we are looking forward to hearing some good country recipes from you:chef:

fritoman said:
I guess I'm the new kid on the block. I've been reading this forum for several days, and finally decided to join. A little about myself.... I'm just a country boy, We raise almost all our own food. We plant a 2 acre garden, raise a hog or 2 every year, usually have 30 meat (cornish cross) chickens and a dozen egg layers running around. I usually will bag a couple of deer, a few wild turkeys, and alot of rabbit. We process almost 1,000 quarts of vegtables and meat every fall to get us through the winter.
Outside of 6 pressure cookers and several canning kettles I use only cast iron to do every day cooking. I'm more comfortable cooking for 30 people than I am for 5.
well enough about me... I just look foward to sharing and learning from everybody here. God bless!!

That is the kind of life I led as a child....brings back good memories. Welcome frito.

Hehehe, now I have the "spiderman" song stuck in my head but with "fritoman" instead. Welcome aboard! Im also glad you apreciate the "priviliged" upbringing you had, I've known a lot of people who grew up in the country and pretend it's a bad thing. Hope you enjoy the forum!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom