Hello from a Newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

Sue-Zee-Q

Hello one and all! Season's Greetings to you all. I am a displaced Canadian living in England and have a husband and two daughters. My husband is FANTASTIC in the kitchen with cooking, and my preference is baking. My interest lies in different diet types, such as eat right 4 your type, vegetarianism, candida, gluten free and substitutions along those lines. My favourite type of food obviously is vegetarian, but in that strain, I enjoy Indian food, as well as West Indian (bring on the spices). I also enjoy researching different sensitivities and learning how to cook for people with special dietary needs. I guess that comes from being a vegetarian:LOL: .

I have information readily available on candida diets, avoiding sugars (refined and natural), and have some basic subsitutions for converting your recipes into 'gluten' free. I also have information available on substituting ingredients in your recipes when you have run out of things, example: cream of tartar, you can use 3 tsps of lemon juice OR 3 tsps of vinegar for each tsp of cream of tartar

I am interested in learning how to convert my current baking recipes into lower fat versions without affecting consistancy. I did an experiment yesterday with sugar cookies and put half the butter in that was called for, and really it seemed to be fine. I will probably start experimenting with my other recipes along that same vein.

Happy Holidays and Happy Cooking/Baking!

Welcome to DC! You will find everything you need to know on this forum. And if you can't, just ask...there is bound to be someone who can help! Happy Holidays!!:santa:

Thank you goboeno and Mrs. Cuillo for your warm welcomes.

Hello and welcome to DC. I know you will be very happy with our wonderful and funny members and also who are great chefs.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Hi and welcome to DC! You will find this site beneficial and the members helpful and friendly with a great sense of humor!!

Back
Top Bottom