Hello from Arizona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DesertRose

Assistant Cook
I have been cooking for a LOT of years and still enjoy trying out new recipies. I'm cooking for two now because our three children are on their own.

Sometimes I think that is more difficult than cooking for a large family. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the site. We are very glad you joined us.

I agree it is more difficult to cook for two people than it is for 4 or 5.

DesertRose said:
I have been cooking for a LOT of years and still enjoy trying out new recipies. I'm cooking for two now because our three children are on their own.

Sometimes I think that is more difficult than cooking for a large family. :rolleyes:

Welcome to DC, DesertRose!!

I still make lasagna in a 9x13 pan:LOL: Lots of other things too. I used to take all leftovers to work. Now, I have no idea what I'll do with any of them:wacko:

Welcome!! Great to see someone else here from AZ!! I agree with you about having to cook for two after having cooked for more before. Both of my daughters are grown and moved away; hubby is a truck driver that is only home for 1 or 2 nights on weekends. Many times I feel it isn't worth the work to cook for just myself during the week and that makes me sad as I love to cook.

Thank you all for the welcome. I know I will enjoy my time here. :)

One thing about leftovers...my husband will eat them for breakfast. :eek:

Welcome Rose!
I have been bugging my husband to move to AZ, I want to get to Tucson while I'm still young enough to enjoy it!

Welcome to DC, Rose!! We also cook for just the two of us, the main danger is that, when there is some leftover hanging around after the dinner, too often we decide "heck, let's just finish it!!" Ending up eating too much, both of us!!:LOL:

I stopped cooking enough for two meals...we often ate it all too. :LOL:

When we had a large freezer, I would double a recipe and freeze half of it to use for another meal. But, now our freezer is too small for that.

Shunka said:
Welcome!! Great to see someone else here from AZ!! I agree with you about having to cook for two after having cooked for more before. Both of my daughters are grown and moved away; hubby is a truck driver that is only home for 1 or 2 nights on weekends. Many times I feel it isn't worth the work to cook for just myself during the week and that makes me sad as I love to cook.

Cook it and freeze it for another day, or simply share it with friends Shunka! Cooking usually makes anyone feel better any time.

Welcome DesertRose! You'll love it here.

Back
Top Bottom