Hello from Connecticut!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flourgirl

Senior Cook
I'm so happy I found this incredible forum!

I worked as a professional cook in restaurants for 7 years making it all the way up to Sous Chef and then made the switch to pastry arts (mainly because often, the other chefs I worked with understandably wanted nothing to do with baking). After specializing in chocolate sculpture and wedding cakes for 3 years, I "retired" from the business to start a family and now teach both savory cooking and pastry classes.

I also feed my creative side by painting in oils and sculpting in glass.

I am looking forward to meeting you all and becoming an active member here!

Deborah

We're looking forward to your posts! Welcome to DC, Flourgirl. Sometimes it's quiet here on the weekends but if you've been lurking, you know how busy the site is.

Welcome to DiscussCooking.com!!! :) The more the merrier, and boy can some of these guys get merry! lol

What part of Connecticut? I'm from the Southeast part, down near Rhode Island. :)

Corinne, Cindy,

Hello neighbors...I'm from the other end (western side) of CT. I live just south of Waterbury, though my hubby and I have long term plans to move out to the North Stonington area, love it out you way, we visit Mystic often!

Welcome Deborah! I'm originally from Connecticut as well (West Haven, and Milford). Wonderful state!

Corinne,

Good idea. And congrats on not having to work outside home! I teach two nights a week and the rest of my time is spent with my 3-year old at home, my schedule is quite open too.

Flourgirl said:
Corinne, Cindy,

Hello neighbors...I'm from the other end (western side) of CT. I live just south of Waterbury, though my hubby and I have long term plans to move out to the North Stonington area, love it out you way, we visit Mystic often!

Yes, me too. My hubby and I want to win the lotto, get about ten acres of land and build. :) I was thinking four bedrooms and a very large kitchen!!! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom