Hello from Huntington Beach, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Countryhb

Assistant Cook
My name is Brian and I'm a BBQaholic...Just stumbled upon the site today and had to join! I've already found some great info here, looking for more, and I promise to share my discoveries! I've recently tried my hand at Smoking, so I could really use more knowledge, as it’s been a blind challenge. Anyway, I look forward to making new cyber-friends and maybe even some in the “real” world. If y’all are ever in my neck-of-the-woods, look me up and let’s grill! :pig:

Country HB, are you originally from Cali? I live in W. Hollywood, but grew up in Atlanta, so when I see the word "country" it reminds me of the South.

Welcome.......there are some great people on here with lots of interesting things to share. The good thing is I can later blame them for turning me onto these yummy foods.

That's funny, Always Hungry, when I see your name, well, it reminds me that I LOVE TO EAT!!! Nah, I've been in SoCal since I was 3. An old buddy of mine said I was as big as a country, so it stuck.

Welcome Countryhb!!!! There's lots of smoking info in the Grilling Forum then the Smoking sub forum.

I love smoking - I keep it simple - if I do a bbq sauce I use the Icenhour BBQ sauce listed here - just search Icenhour in the title - or a do a North Carolina Vinegar - it can be as simple as white vinegar and crushed red pepper or you can add brown sugar and a few other things to it. I cook mine to about 200° F so it is pullable - I don't like it sliced. I just season with some salt, pepper, and olive oil. There's also a mop recipe with a pork butt recipe that I posted.

Welcome to DC, hb!!
It's a great place to be!!!!

4.gif

Last edited:
Hi, Country! I sent you a hello a few minutes ago, but it didn't show up
30.gif
sooooo i'm saying hello again!

You'll be glad you found this great place!
2.gif

Welcome Country,

you've found a great place for food, fun and friends...
kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom