Hello from Minnesota!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pharmerphil

Assistant Cook
Justa quick intro, so I can browse the forum!
I am a master gardener with the U of M extension, I LOVE to cook :chef:, my avatar (needs work):rolleyes: is this years blue ribbon Salsa, I enter it every other year and win the Blue! I also received 4 other ribbons in the culinary dept.
The wife and I garden 6000 sq, ft, of organic gardens here in s.e. mn.
We raise ONLY HEIRLOOM varieties!
we also raise GIANT PUMPKINS for competition! will enjoy meeting all of you:)

Welcome to DC. Nice to see another Minnesotan here too.I'm in the great north and we grow a garden every year and do canning and freezing. Don't have much luck with the pumpkins tho, but we keep trying. Have fun here and you will enjoy all the great folks here too.

Thanks everyone for your warm welcomes, been outside cutting a stand of buckwheat, will turn it over in the a.m., right now, I'm back, and I have this BIG 'O'Onion, like a vadallia(sp) want to make some good onion rings.....so, off to the search feature! :)

Hey Phil! Welcome. Organic garnedner here. My first crop of buckwheat is only 2" tall now. I'm running late this year. 2 jobs and the culinary passion takes its toll.

Marion

Welcome! I know you will love it here. It is great, and people are helpful and personable. But let me warn you, as I have others…this is addictive!
I admire you for your organics...i would eat only organic if only it were not so much more costly as nonorganic. where i am from...organics are definately more costly than non. I am going to start looking into the local farmers market, but even the farmers market quits for the winter, and i dont have too big a freezer,,,even proper freezing is new to me.
Oh, well, i didnt mean to get into all of that!
Anyhow, welcome to DC! :)

Greetings, fellow Minnesoooooooootan! Glad to have you here!

Outside of cooking, and trying to start a personal chef biz, I do gardening, etc. Contemplating perhaps gorwing some herbs, but we rent and no place for garden. Indoors is an option, except having a cat that is far more curious then she ought to be keeps telling me not to grow inside.

Back
Top Bottom