Hello from New York!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cheftom

Assistant Cook
As far back as I can remember I have always enjoyed cooking. As a child, my grandmother would teach me how to recreate many of our families famous recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation. It was not until my high school years that I realized cooking could be my future. I got a summer job as a dishwasher at a popular restaurant in St. Augustine, Florida. My intense work ethic allowed me to be promoted quickly. Within months I was able to work in all parts of the kitchen. I enjoyed the hard work and the gratification I received from all the happy customers.

Two years later I moved to NY and was hired to be head chef at a local Italian restaurant. At the same time, I was preparing for college and was putting much thought into my future. I decided to study cooking and restaurant management and I received my degree in restaurant management. To this day, it doesn’t matter if I’m cooking for a packed restaurant or my family and friends at home, I’m always happy when I’m in the kitchen!

I look forward to sharing some of my favorite recipes and cooking tips!

Congratulations to you and thank you for joining us. Hope to hear and learn from you. You are one of the lucky ones - doing what you love. And love is really and truly the secret ingredient isn't it? It's bailed me out many a time. Welcome cheftom!

New York. Where is it in New York? Upstate New York is where my used to be in-laws live. Have home in Rome and Watertown, plus someplace in Florida. If anybody goes to the restaurant they do. Maybe you fixed something for them. Thanks for the comment about work ethic you have to have it otherwise you just don't eat right. Cooking not easy job. Oh, Welcome.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I don't really have a "specialty" as far as a type of cuisine. I love Mexican food though! I'm currently not working in a restaurant and I live on Long Island...about 30 minutes outside of NYC.

I got into the city all the time though !

See everyone around !

Back
Top Bottom