Hello from Paris, France!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frenchguycooking

Senior Cook
Hello guys,

My name is Gabriel and I live in Paris, France.
I started cooking 5 years ago when i settled with my girlfriend, and have been cooking for both of us every night since.

Now, I can definitely say that I love it. For me, cooking is about food (indeed) but it is mostly about sharing and love.

I always try to improve my cooking. In this forum, I would like to discover new recipes and to share some of mine.

Hope to see you around,

Gab

Welcome to DC, I am sure we all hre would be happy to share our recipe and learn new or old French recipe, after all French cusine is the most famous in the world. :)

Hi Gabriel. Welcome to DC. Visit the "what's for dinner" thread and you'll get a sense of what many folks like to cook. Hope to see posts there of your creations, soon.

Welcome to DC from a genuine Yooper. We love too cook; we love to eat, and we love to talk about virtually anything. We even have our own little cooking contests now and again, just to keep us on our culinary toes. You will find every kind of cook here, from the person just learning to heat a can of beans, to accomplished chef's, and everything in between. Mostly, there are a great bunch of knowledgeable, and talented amateur gourmands around here.

You're going to have a great time on this site. We look forward to sharing recipes, and life with you.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Welcome to DC, I am sure we all hre would be happy to share our recipe and learn new or old French recipe, after all French cusine is the most famous in the world. :)

Thanks CharlieD ! I am willing to learn as much as I can from you guys. French cuisine is famous indeed but I am interested in World Cuisine !

Hi Gabriel. Welcome to DC. Visit the "what's for dinner" thread and you'll get a sense of what many folks like to cook. Hope to see posts there of your creations, soon.

Thanks. Very smart thread. That's indeed our point sometimes ;) "What am I going to cook for dinner tonight ?"

Welcome to DC from a genuine Yooper. We love too cook; we love to eat, and we love to talk about virtually anything. We even have our own little cooking contests now and again, just to keep us on our culinary toes. You will find every kind of cook here, from the person just learning to heat a can of beans, to accomplished chef's, and everything in between. Mostly, there are a great bunch of knowledgeable, and talented amateur gourmands around here.

You're going to have a great time on this site. We look forward to sharing recipes, and life with you.

Woah that is a welcome message ! Thanks a lot and I am really looking forward to share and learn ! ;)

About the pasta carbonara, I can't get uncured hog jowl here. I did find hog jowl bacon, and so used that. As I was completing the carbonara by mixing in the egg, I noticed that it wasn't actually cooking due to latent heat, as everyone says happens. Rather, the egg yolk was emulsifying the pork fat, turning it into an emulsion sauce, like Hollandaise, or mayonaise. I believe that the rich flavor, and creamy texture are due to the emulsification of the fat rather than the cooking of the egg. My hypothesis is that when pasta carbonara is made, we are literally making a basic emulsified sauce that coats and flavors the pasta.

I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on this. So my challenge is to make a batch of carbonara, with significant pork fat in it, then watch the process as you stir the raw egg into the hot pasta, off flame of course.

It may seem that I'm splitting hairs here. But by knowing the actual mechanism by which the end result is achieved, we will gain important knowledge that can be used to create other recipes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom