Hello From Parma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Termy

Senior Cook
I am a Parma transplant from Cleveland, where I was born, raised and lived most of my life. I was also made, went to court one and they were looking for a name which I did not give up. They appreciated that very much. For example - Got busted peeling tires, beer between my legs, joint in pocket, most of a case of beer in the back and loud stereo, not to mention driving under suspension. Jail ? Nope. I drove all over the place under suspension, however now it is not worth it. Next time is a felony, and I like to drink and would hate to ever hurt anyone who didn't have it coming.

Now my health is deteriorated and it is a big effort to just make a burger But I will do something.

I want to learn so that when I do it is good, not a waste of effort.

I also believe I have something to contribute. I have learned how to use spices. Well and herbs, some like to make the distinction.

Anyway, not driving has made it hard to get certain things, but it could be worse. But me and driving is not happening. Too expensive.

T

"What have you started with"

Started ? Well that is a long time ago, I shamed myself into it. Divorced Parents Ma worked, she got home and the first thing out of us kids' mouths was "What's for dinner ?". She said "That's all you care about huh". So the next day, I fried some ham, and eggs, made toast and made her a sandwich out of it. It actually became a regular, she liked them.

Soon after, like a few years, they got forced school busing so we quit. It was not the racial mix, it was the distance. Soon thereafter I got a job. Fact is I don't care about race, I treat everyone the same until they give me a reason not to.

In act in the early 1980s we owned a busies an the first guy I hired was Black and he couldn't believe a couple White dudes hired him. But h was competent and I know what it means to hear those words, "So how much do you want to make ?". We gave him what he asked and he was worth it.

Later, he got in a fight with the olman, remember those "people" ? It ws the olman's fault. Later I tried to make amends somewhat and went over his place with beer etc. and we were doing fine, but then we ran out of beer. So I take him to this bar, he says "I heard this is all White" and I said "We go where we want to go". So in the end I got shot for being a n____ lover.

I like going to people's houses of different races, especially invited to dinner. They all seem to have certain dishes they like and therefore get good at. I like to sample everything though I have certain nonos. I'll get around to those.

Here I hope to see even more diversity. The fact is I am tired of everything.

T

I'm ba-a-a-ack...

I was in the hospital yesterday for a paracentesis.

I have ascities because of poor liver and kidney function brought on by a lifetime of abuse that would have killed many. The condition is that liquid is not expelled from the body normally and it accumulates in the abdomen. Too much and it is bad. It can cause big problems, pneumonia, pleurisy, plain and simple your organs are not designed to operate underwater. So they prick you with a special needle and let it drain.

I do not like hospitals, so I don't go right away. Yesterday they pulled 12.5 liters out of me. That means in a little over an hour I lost 25 pounds.

So now I almost feel like cooking. I need my spice fix so maybe I'll make a small batch of sauce and have some spaghetti. Carbs, well into each life... Other things to do with my sauce is like sausage sandwiches, but I do not have uncut buns, or mini pizza, but I have leftover pizza in the fridge. That reminds me I have to call and complain about that. Double cheese that you can see through ? The other alternative for a no meat sauce would be chicken parmasan. And I am not afraid to reveal that I like this sauce so much I will eat it right out of the pan with a spoon, like a spicy tomato soup.

But still, until I do something that spice tooth is going to be on me for something.

T

Let's see if the picture attached.

If so that is my bench and that is what I am retiring from. It was kinda fun, making money and whatever. Physical limitations are the problem, as well as vision problems.

As of the 18th of next month Electronix Underground is no more.

T

Attachments

• bnch04an.jpg
    bnch04an.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 54
And everything weighs a ton. That isolation transformer does, and the LASER printer, a few other things.

T

Awesome! I had quit for three years until this damn virus upended everything.

The virus made you smoke again ? Well that means that while you may have quit, you didn't stop. I do not quit anything. Even the hard stuff from the old days. I just don't want it.

The cigarettes, I was getting them tax free so it wasn't money, I didn't care about health. Thing is I was smoking more and enjoying it less.

Quitting entails a promise, well I never promise anything.

Think back on why you "stopped". Those reasons are still there.

Whatever you decide to stop doing, keep some around. Keep it in plain sight. Look at it every day and say "No".

T

I was reading a post and poverty was mentioned. This reminds me of time in my life. The olman and I bought a house and it was a double but we treated it like a single, even had a joint bank account.

We could always get a job. At this time we had both quit. Now we had new jobs but it wasn't payday yet. We ran out of money, there was only enough for the house payment. W couldd spend that on food or pay the payment. We paid the payment.

I tore that freezer apart and in the back found some seriously freezer burned chicken. We had the chop suey veggie in the cabinet, so I spiced the living $%^#& out of it and made it with those veggies.

They were the best thing we ever ate.

And having paid that payment, eventually our credit grew to the point where we could just buy another house on a card. I had one with no limit. I was offered another one with no limit and I really thought of putting the family on it. but it is $250 per year per person.

But that's what happens when you put obligations first.

Then my good job went down, owner retired. I filed bankruptcy and got the coveted chapter seven, keeping the house, cars, machine shop in the basement, everything.

Now that I retired I am looking to sell most of what's left.

T

Back
Top Bottom