Hello from Pennsylvania

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sikenurse

Assistant Cook
Hi! I'm new to the forum and looking forward to learning all kinds of things here. DH and I have a 5th wheel and often we host at State Park Campgrounds in PA. We've been doing this for several years now but we've decided to take the '19 season off and do some camping on our own. We are members of Travel Resorts of America and have 3 parks we go to...one in upper NY, one in Ohio , and the other is in Gettysburg.
I like to cook and bake and look forward to finding camping tips and recipes and shortcuts(!) for successful camp cooking. Thanks for allowing me to join you all!

27696-albums1090-picture7742.gif

Somerset County, that's Steelers country. I live in the Dallas region of Steelers Nation. Most of my extended family lives in the Pittsburgh area. I lived in Mount Lebanon for a few years as a kid.

Welcome to DC!

Don't listen to Casey. He's full of Lebanon Bologna.

(Come to think of it, Casey has some real issues with various charcuterie)

Welcome from NYC. And NJ. Depends on the time of day.

Last edited:
Hello, and welcome to DC! I know jack-all about camping, camp cooking, or just about anything else related to outdoor leisure, except that a cast iron Dutch oven is probably your best friend!

I’m looking forward to your recipes, though. I’m sure many of them can be used indoors, too!

Yes, it is! We live about 4 miles from there. It's an awesome place. We volunteer there as Ambassadors at least once a week. Have you been there or planning a trip??

Ill be passing through in a few months. It will be the first stop on our 'almost; cross country journey. I'm looking forward to visiting and paying my respects.

Great! If you happen to be there on a Tuesday or a Thursday afternoon, you may run into us! It's a beautiful memorial and we're honored to keep the memories alive for the 40 heros of 9/11.

A 3 or 6 quart Instant Pot is handy in a camper.

A fifth-wheel is not a "camper," in the same way a yacht is not a boat. A fifth-wheel is a small home on wheels. I have some good friends (former neighbors) who live in one, full time. They are "snowbirds," who live up North in the Summer, and come South for the Winter.

So, they can cook pretty much in their "galley" (motorhomes and campers use that nautical term for their kitchens).

Now, below is a "camper." CaseyCraft Model 2.0. ;):LOL:

CD

Attachments

• CaseyCraft4BBQForum.jpg
    CaseyCraft4BBQForum.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 192

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom