Hello from Southern Michigan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sheilarae

Assistant Cook
What a great site! It is nice to see all of these people interested in cooking. I am a professional speaker and talk on cooking topics from Cooking Simple to cooking with kids. I run into so many people who say they don't cook at all. My question is always what do you eat then? Most respond with "Fast Food or cereal." Is that scary. I can not imagine serving my family fast food or cereal for every meal. I recently ran into a mother of 3 who has not had a working stove for over 3 years and has no desire to get it fixed because she then figures that her husband will want her to cook. I also met another lady that told me she only eats for enjoyment twice a year once at christmas and once at easter, otherwise it is only a function like washing her face or going to the bathroom. I like to cook almost anything and volunteer as a coordinator for community functions that involve food. I love to see people enjoy the food I cook. Sheila:chef:

img_237067_0_b604b64d17680d9562a4ca6bd3fd53fd.gif
to dc ,your gonna love it here! looking forward to seeing you on the boards...

Welcome to D.C., the freindliest cooking site on the web. Whoa, that sounded like a comercial. But it's true. You will find cooks who are very knowledgeable, cooks who are too humble, cooks who can hardly boil water, and everything in between. What we all share is a love of cooking, and sharing what we know, as well as learning from everyone else. And if you see something misspelled (I'm famous for typos), don't worry about it. Usually the word can be figured out through context clues. In any case, it's obvious from your opening post that you too love life and all that it has to offer, including good food. Thanks for joining. I'm looking forward to your participation. Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Hi Sheila! (Boy, if I ever mis-spell that name I'm in trouble! My wife is named Sheila!)

I'm in metro Detroit, and when it isn't lent, if you asked me what I'd have to eat in a pinch, I'd say, "Beer". :angel:

Jump right in, we're a friendly bunch, and we don't bite (well, except for maybe Buckytom when he gets a little hungry :-p ).

John

Welcome to the site Sheila! Wow eating just as a function like washing your face. I feel sorry for people like that. My wife and I (and now our 1 year old daughter) LOVE food. We plan our vacations around it even. Even on our honeymoon we planned our day and activities around our meals. Eating is one of our greatest joys as our ever expanding waistlines will tell you :)

Welcome to DC, Sheila! We're so glad you've joined our group - it's a wonderful place!! :flowers:

Well thank you for all the welcomes. You are a friendly group. Someone said I sounded like a commercial I kinda felt like that when I was writing. I have never done this kind of communication before it seems weird not talking face to face. What are some of your favorite things to cook? I loved the comment of planning vacations around the meals. We do that sometimes too. We have certain stops on our way to see family in South Dakota because the food is so amazing. I live in a small town and we "REALLY" have no where to eat out. A local bar is as good as it gets and it is not a big step up from fast food. If you live in Southern Michigan do you have any favorite spots.

welcome sheila. glad you've joined us.
i'll be right back, i need to wash up with some bacon wrapped filets mignon and lobster tails...
and ignore ronjohn until easter, he gave up beer for lent, (beer, is he insane?!:wacko: ), so he's not in his right mind.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom