Hello, I'm Marginas from Italy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marginas204

Assistant Cook
Hello everybody, I'm Marginas from Reggio Emilia, Italy.
I'm so happy to enter in your community and I hope to become an expert forum member like you!!!!
:chef:

Ciao Marginas204,
welcome! Benvenuta!

As you can see I'm from Italy as well (Milano), it's nice to have another Italian member here :)

Thank you so much!!!
Your answers are very nice!!!!
Sorry but my English is very litle but I hope to lerne and improve soon!!!!!

Welcome. I am from the place that has the most fresh water in the world, Sault Sainte Marie, MI. I love Italian food, and look forward to sharing recipes, and conversation back and forth between us. We have a sister city in Italy that gifted us a bronze statue of Romulus and Remus suckling from a wolf. It stands in front of our courthouse, and has been there longer than I've been alive (65 years for me). Again, welcome. Here is a link to view our wolf - https://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMH5QE_Capitoline_Wolf_Sault_St_Marie_Michigan_USA

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking [emoji2]

You're near Firenze! My husband and I spent several days there during a trip to Europe for our 25th anniversary. We had a wonderful time. Such a beautiful part of the world. I also look forward to sharing recipes.

Thanks again to everyone!!!!
Today I would like to share with you the most typical dish of my city!
It is a savory pie with spinach called Erbazzone.
Each family has its own recipe, this is what I do!

Recipe:
Ingredients:

for the stuffing

fresh spinach 20 oz
a clove of garlic
2 spring onions
1 stuft of parsley
breadcrumbs 10 oz
1 cup of milk
1 egg
grated Parmesan cheese 4 oz
grated Percorino cheese 4 ok
salt and black pepper

for the dough

00 white wheat flour 10 oz
extra virgin olive oil 4 tbsp
apple vinegar 1 tbsp
lukewarm water about 1 cup
salt and black pepper

Prepare the dough by mixing the ingredients and form a ball of smooth and elastic dough.
Leave to rest in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
For the filling, wash the spinach very well and finely chop it.
Finely chop also spring onions, garlic and parsley.
Stew gently in a pan with extra virgin olive oil and salt for about 5 minutes.
With the heat off, add breadcrumbs, Parmiggiano and Pecorino, the egg, the milk, salt and pepper.
It must be a creamy mixture, if it is too hard add more milk.

Spread 2/3 of the dough into a very thin sheet, as for the tagliatelle, roll it out about a 15 "x15" mold, with the dough coming out of the edges.
Pour the filling and spread it about 1/2 inch high.
Roll out the rest of the pastry and cover the dough.
Fold the edges to the sides on the pasta in the center so that the filling is completely enclosed in the pasta.
Prick with a fork to let out the steam and peel with a mix of extra virgin olive oil, water, salt and pepper.

Bake at 350 ° F for about 40 minutes.

It should be eaten warm cut into small pieces.
It is also excellent as a snack.

Enjoy your meal.

Ciao, ciao!!!

Hi Dear,
I Think it's a good idea!! Florence is a very beautiful city, so in general Italy is a really nice country and also the rest of Europe!!!! I wish you a wonderful romantic journey !!!!

Thank you Chief for your kind message. I visited your link with great interest. Capitoline Wolf is like that in Rome!!!! I like very much your recipies in your blog and I'll try to cook some soon!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom