Hello one and all (WAVE)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LiamB21

Assistant Cook
Hello all in/on the DC, My names Liam, I'm here to ask for help and or advise about my situation I'm 21 year old and work 40+ hours a week (Nights).
I'm considering moving out of my dads to get my own place, But about the most i do with cooking is your basic all day breakfast.

But this dose not make well for your everyday meals, So i would like to learn what makes a good meal? and the best ways to cook these meals, preferably with speed.

Any questions feel free to ask ill be checking everyday and your help or advise will be appreciated thanks, Liam

greetings & welcome from manchester liam.huuuuuUUUUUGE subject without knowing what foods you like(apart from brekkie that is!!) & any special dietary needs you may have mate.i suggest you trawl around the site.see what other members are posting/eating & if you like the look of it...just ask.friendly bunch,all happy to help.happy huntin'!!

Last edited:
While you are considering the move, spend some time in the kitchen at Dad's place paying attention to what's going on there. From there it's one big wonderful experiment that we all get involved in. Some experiments turn out great and others, well, not so great but we keep at it. So can you, welcome in.

ok Thanks for the replies, I was thinking this morning and thought, Student recipes are what i would need, So could anyone point me to a area that has student recipes ?

Hi, Liam. Welcome to DC :) We don't really have a section for student recipes. Not sure what those would be anyway ;)

Check the Meals in Minutes and Budget-Friendly Meals forums, though. That should get you started.

Hello Liam and welcome!

The other thing you would have to consider if you were thinking of moving out and want to start making some meals for yourself, is acquiring some basic cooking items - pots, pans, utensils, bowls - that sort of thing. The supermarkets do basic ranges of these for pretty reasonable prices, so it might be worth collecting a few things before you leave the nest! (Or even get mum/dad to donate a few spare items if they have them!) :)

Oldvine's suggestion of getting into the kitchen at home and trying out a few things seems like a pretty good idea too.

Also, as you like "breakfast" I will assume you like eggs and bacon/sausage etc? So how about making a "Spanish Omelette"? No major cooking skills required, it's quick, tasty, and nutritious and you can adapt it to whatever ingredients you like or have to hand! (Just a thought if you are finding the range of recipes here a bit daunting.)

Anyway, don't be afraid to ask - there are no silly questions - and everyone is happy to help! :)

Back
Top Bottom