Hello there!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nana9

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone. I just stumbled on this site by searching for food dehydration ideas. With the price of food these days I am getting into preserving some things before the prices move higher.
I have to admit that I have not explored this forum as yet but what I have seen so far deserves my thumbs up. I will most likely spend the rest of this day exploring.

Welcome to DC. This is a fun place to be. You will find that we all are very friendly and will offer help at the drop of a spoonful of sugar. :angel:

Welcome to DC. I have thought about getting a food dehydrator but haven't done it yet. It will be fun to hear what you are dehydrating. :)

Welcome nana! FWIW our son has made some terrific beef jerky using our inexpensive food dehydrator. But wholesome fruits and veggies are good things to dry too. Just sayin'...

IMG_20130410_221753.jpg

wow... thank you for all the welcomes. I don't have an expensive dehydrator. The one that I am using has been on my shelf so long it collected dust on the box. I actually gave it to my mother for Christmas one year for use in drying flowers. I really am not sure if she ever used it. In the past I used it for onions. thats it...onions. now I want more... today I did some celery. tomorrow sweet potatoes. Its kind of my play time exercise. I will learn as I go and I am pretty darn sure that this forum is going to help me out quite a bit. I also ordered a food saver vacuum machine along with the attachment for sealing jars. I am tired of throwing away food because of freezer burn or going stale. I have a lot of questions and you all might get sick of seeing me on here. LOL Hugs to all.

My SIL has a vacuum food saver. Bought it when they lived in FL to keep the creepy crawlies out of her dry goods. Even though she lives near me in MA she still uses it all the time. She claims the food tastes like its never been frozen. I just plan most meals around the store's loss leaders each week and have very few meats in my freezer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom