Hello there all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bejays40

Assistant Cook
Red Cliffs, nr Mildura, Victoria Australia
My name is Barbara and I live in a small rural area of roughly 2,600 people in NW Victoria, Australia. I have been here for five years now, and my health has improved immensely since the move.

My daughter and her husband gave me a box of pranges the other day and I just don't know what to do with them all. I had no idea this forum existed, until I went looking for a way to glace oranges and some lemons. So here I am, still looking.

Best regards to all,
Barbara

Hello and welcome to DC! Do you mean oranges or something along those lines? I looked for pranges and couldn't find anything, but for spelling substitutions I get oranges.

Hi bejays!
Welcome to DiscussCooking! It's great to have you here!
I'm going with Maverick's guess that you got a box of oranges (not to worry, we ALL type too fast when we're chatting). There are so very many ideas we can throw at you, but first, any ideas you may have that we can help with?

Until then, here are some recipes to consider:
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/search.php?searchid=880123

Oranges is my instinct, that she hit the p instead of the o, but wanted to make sure first, LOL.
I am thinking right off the bat take some of them and squeeze them for orange juice for breakfast and save the peals in the freezer for zest in recipes later.

Hello All

Sorry about the typo, I should have proof read my message before sending it, and you're right I was in a hurry. Talk about having a 'red face' :blush:

I was looking for something to do with all these oranges... At first I thought of making marmalade, but then when I logged onto the internet to locate some recipes, there seemed to be such a multitude of them that they sent my head spinning.

Barbara

It's winter there, no?
What about an orange/cranberry chutney/relish?

Welcome, bjs40.

Someday I'm gonna win the lottery and get down there.
Someday.​

It's winter here YES, but it is so mild at the moment - where I am situated is quite a lot warmer than say Melbourne or Adelaide, we have been having days of about 18C the nights are a little chillier, at around 7C - but then in summer it can get to 50C during the day, everybody MUST have air-conditioning in their homes and in the cars.

If you do get to come down be sure to let me know and I'll make a bed up for you.

Looking forward to chatting with peeps who love fresh peoduce

:ROFLMAO: Sing along with me !!!- Actually-- I do not know what I pushed to be in this thread-- I am totally new to this site but it looks exciting-- like it will be very construcyive and informative..Sharing ideas and experience is almost always a healthy happening. My actual name in every day life is Patricia (Born on St. Patricks day) Hope someone will chat or send a message or however it works

Welcome, spunky.
After you log on to Discuss Cooking.com you'll see
"Quick Links" on your left. Below that you'll see "Forums
Listing". Click on that.
Then you'll see "Discuss Cooking Community Forums.
In that catagory scroll down to Introductions & Birthdays.
You can go in there and intro yourself and tell us alittle about yourself, or ask any questions you may have by opening a new thread, or you can click on any thread and comment, or whatever.
In any case, spend sometime perusing and enjoy your
stay.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom