Hey there!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sakura

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone! Thought I would introduce myself...let's see, what's something interesting to say...well, first things first! I'm a college student, just turned 20 about a month ago. I'm studying to become a special education teacher, and decided to add in some Spanish while I was at it! :LOL: I love languages, especially Asian languages! But my college didn't offer anything except Spanish and French, and I've already had 6 years of French. I'm a very active person in that I do just about everything I can. My main groups are fiber arts, sports, and generally being an outdoorswoman. I knit, quilt, cross-stitch, weave, and even spin my own yarn/thread from time to time. I also do endurance runs (well, working my way up to endurance runs, right now I'm still only doing 2 mile maximums), cycling (I ride my bike to school when I can), weight training, katori shinto ryu (a Japanese martial art) and intramural soccer. Outdoors, I garden (does that count as an outdoorswoman activity?), bowhunt, fish, kayak, and hope to eventually become a falconer. I do way too much, I know!!!

In terms of this site, I mostly focus on baking and working with sugar. My grandma used to make homemade ribbon candy and as we've both gotten older I'm starting to learn (though sadly she's not in the health to be teaching me anymore and my mom never cared to learn, so I'm more or less starting from scratch) and have slowly gotten into all sorts of different areas of sugar. Mostly right now I'm just trying to focus on my ribbon candy and I'll add more later, but I do enjoy reading and learning about other aspects that I'm sure I'll play around with sometime in the future! If I do much cooking it is usually from the day's hunt (or fishing trip) or if I feel like trying something from another country.

Oh, ya...and in case you hadn't noticed, I tend to be rather long-winded *innocent smile*

Last edited:
Welcome to DC Brittany,
your enthusiasm and love of life is wonderful to see. I'm sure you will find something here to help with your interest in sugar working. And I'm sure others would love to hear about some of the things your grandmother taught you.

kadesma:)

Hi Sakura, and welcome! You'll find lots of help here on the forum from experienced cooks and bakers. I think your grandmother is going to be pleased that you're learning how to make ribbon candy. It's quite a compliment to her. Have fun! :chef:

Back
Top Bottom