Hey there, just saying hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LesleyP

Assistant Cook
Hi Guys,

just joined the Forum and thought I would say hi to you all.

Found the forum last night while I was looking for a sushi recipe, really enjoyed looking around and seems like there are tons of great people here.

Looking forward to sharing a few recipes with everyone.

p.s
If anyone has great sushi recipe can they let me know

Leslie, welcome to the site - glad you found us. Love Sushi!
(by the way sashimi is the raw fish, not sushi)

Sushi, usually, for me is a clean the fridge type thing after I've cooked a big Asian dinner - never know what you'll get! ;)

Ciao Lesley, welcome to DC!! There are some sushi experts around this forum, so stay put!!

My prefered sushi type is "chirashi", instead of nigiri, it is more like a rice salad Japanese style. It is very colourful and no raw fish involved.
I found a recipe here, seems pretty authentic, I am afraid finding all the ingredient required may be a challenge but there should be many ways to modify the recipe.

Hope you will enjoy our forum, we can never have enough foodies to hang out with!!:)

hey thanks for the replies and a special thanks for that recipe link. I am entertaining friends on thursday so perhaps I will give it a try.

Hi Lesley

Welcome to DC. You live in the UK and I find that very exciting. You will get excellent receipes from all the members and I know you will find exactly what you want.

Jill and Jolie

Hi Leslie! Welcome to DiscussCooking!

As far as sushi, have you ever made it before? If you click on the word search in the top dark blue bar, then click advanced, then type in sushi, then from the pull-down menu right below it choose "search titles only", then click the bottom button that says Search Now.

It will pull up several topics that have been started before. Please note that DEADLY SUSHI is a member - not a recipe for...well.......deadly sushi :rolleyes:

We make sushi quite a bit at home. Sushi is quite easy to make. If you follow the directions on a package of sushi rice it should come out fine. The key to the rice is put ONLY in a glass, wooden, or porcelain bowl (no aluminum) and use a wooden rice paddle to "fold" the sushi until cool. Have someone fan it with a magazine while someone else folds it.

Make sure you have the mats to make it also. Here is something to read that might help. Go down to the part that talks about making sushi at home. It also gives tips on making the rice. This link has tips on rolling it along with other tips. This is also some good reading for you.

hey,

kitchenelf thanks for the help on the search function its going to make my life easier.

you guys sure have a great forum here, I can't believe I only just found it.

I am really going to enjoy it I can see that, I have tons of recipes I would love to share, am bit nervous about sharing them as i do not really work with weights and measures more by eye and taste.

anyway I will read for a while and then maybe get up the courage to post a few recipe ideas.

LesleyP said:
I have tons of recipes I would love to share, am bit nervous about sharing them as i do not really work with weights and measures more by eye and taste.

Binevenue, Lesley. Not to worry. Plenty of us cook exactly the way you do.

Hi Lesley!! The "how do you eat your crab" thread reminded me of one thing, the "chirashi", the sushi I mentioned above, and the one I had and liked very much had oodles of flaked crab as one of the toppings!!
If you ever try this recipe, you could use some of your fresh crabs, I bet it will be delicious!!

Hi Lesley,

Welcome to DC! I'm fairly new here, but already I love this forum. The members here are very friendly and helpful, and I'm so glad a friend told me about this site. I hope you'll find some good recipes you can make as a nanny. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom