Hey there - newbie here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carysue

Assistant Cook
Hi, all!!

Let me introduce myself.

My name is Cary, and I live in north central Ohio. I'm a single (divorced) mom of 4 kids, 3 of them teenagers!

I'm currently enrolled in a culinary apprenticeship program, and am finally living my dream of cooking for a living!!! I'm 42, and have ALWAYS wanted to - but everyone told me I had to be "practical" when I graduated, so I have sat behind a desk for most of the last 24 years. When my desk job left, and I couldn't find another - I enrolled in classes!!

I've always loved to cook and bake, and I've a huge recipe and cookbook collection, both hardcopy and on my harddrive. I love to experiment, and the kitchen is my favorite room in the house!!

I look forward to being active here - when I am not working, which is rare. I'm working 4 jobs right now, only one full time. I'm lucky enough to be cooking, but it's really not enough money.

Nice meeting everyone!

Thanks!

Thanks, Andy!!

I browsed the site only for a few minutes... but it's great to see all the experience here!!

One goal of mine is to be a CEC - how awesome you've achieved that!

I hope to be able to contribute, but I feel I'll be listening more than talking for awhile....

Cary

Cary, welcome to the site. I have to say you are one busy lady and I admire you for sticking to what you really love. I hope to hear much more about how your career is going and also some of your recipes. Again, welcome!

img_273171_0_0a3cc3b3f2bb74108076ae27a240089e.gif

Cary, it's so nice to have you here with us! Congrats on being able to live out your life-long dream, I think that's wonderful!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom