Hey y'all! It's Xuli!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xuli Bone Shino

Assistant Cook
I'm not a professional cook of any kind, but I've came up with my own recipes to help keep my health up all these years.

My intent with my current recipes is to help with muscular hypertrophy while also keeping a good amount of antioxidants flowing throughout the body.

I've cooked with alkaline water for awhile, and I came here to the forums to ask if it's possible to can foods that have been cooked in water that has been ionized to a ph of 10. Is it possible? Will Clostridium Botulinum (or other toxin secreting microbes) still sporulate in a basic media solution such as this (even with a mixture of pink and potassium salt?

From what I have briefly read, you cannot get a high enough temperature with water bath canning. You will have to use pressure canning to kill the botulism spores. That being said, I would ask this question of the FDA and follow their guidelines.

Welcome to DC!

Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking [emoji2]

Princess Fiona is right about canning low-acid vegetables and meats - they have to be pressure canned. I follow a couple of canning groups and I have never heard of canning using alkaline water. To my knowledge, it has never been tested.

Testing canning methods and recipes is under the purview of the National Center for Home Food Preservation at the University of Georgia. I suggest you ask there.

http://www.nchfp.edu/

I'm surprised you like to cook with alkaline water. It changes the flavor of things.

I made ice cubes with alkaline water. Then I put them in my coke, blah.

Anything acidic of food should stay that way. Orange juice will not turn your body acidic.

Welcome to Discuss Cooking Xuli.

I think anyone who puts their health & nutrition interest into their cooking efforts is ahead of the game.

In the USA some believe that our current food system will lead to more chronic diseases.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom