Hi!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

auroravioletta

Assistant Cook
Hello!

I am new to the forum, and the text at the top of my page says I should come here and introduce myself. So here I am. Hello!

I am not much of a cook, currently, but hoping to learn. I cooked a lot in college, but then moved back in with mom, and didn't really have much opportunity to practice over the next couple years. I'm on my own again now (Yay!) and also have been recently diagnosed with some pretty inconvenient food allergies and intolerances that mean I can't buy or eat prepared foods of almost any kind! (When I'm being strict about it, it means no restaurants, no canned soups, no make-it-from-a-mix, no frozen dinners, no takeout, no nothing unless it's homemade from "pure" ingredients. The majority of the grocery store is off limits!) :ohmy: So the cooking thing is kind of necessary. *gulp* I mean, unless I want to suffer. (Sometimes the chocolate is just worth it. :pig: )

Aaaaand since I find introductions awkward, here's a recipe to make it worth it! I came up with it as a modification of a couple other recipes to make it compatible with my above-mentioned restrictions. :chef:

Maple Wheat Pancakes
2/3 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
1 TB Maple Syrup
1 TB Oil
1 Egg
Cinnamon, Ground Clove, Allspice to taste

Mix together the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients separately

Mix the wet ingredients into the dry until thoroughly mixed. If the batter is very thick, add more coconut milk as necessary.

Cook in an ungreased pan over low heat.

I like to put in enough of the spices that the color of the flour mix goes darker by a shade or two. And I often use more syrup. (MmM)

These are very thick and dense, and they don't bubble through like most pancakes do, so they are easy to burn. (Which is why I cook them on low.) They're also pretty good if you make extra and pop them in the toaster-oven later.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom