Hi!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef_devoe

Assistant Cook
My name is Devon, I am 15 years old and am wanting to be a professional chef. I hope to be able to get to know you all well, and would love feedback on my recipes. So, hopefully I will hear from you guys!

:chef:_devon

Welcome to the club. In these forums, you will find quite a few professional chefs, and a lot of good amateurs, most of which would love to sample your creations. You post em, we give feedback.

I started cooking When I was 16 yrs old. Now before you git all excited about being a chef. 1 it takes a lot of study and practical application. It is hot and nasty in most commercial kitchens. You do not air condition kitchens it makes the food cold.
The hours are long 10 hrs average/ 12 hrs is not uncommon. It is a dangerous place to work. When you are working your family and friends are all out having a good time
and you are working. When you are off every body is working. so it could lead to drinking too much as well as other thing one should not do to ones body.
I strongly suggest you read Anthony Bourdain's book Kitchen Confidential. He tells it just like it is. Now having said all of this I worked my way up the ladder till I became a certified Executive Chef with a very good salary, I worked 45+ years as a cook and Chef, restaurant manager, Owner of a large supper club. I would not trade what I done for millions of dollars but I would live my life a lot different if I could do it over
I loved what I done but it is a tough business. Please think long and hard before you commit.

My name is Devon, I am 15 years old and am wanting to be a professional chef. I hope to be able to get to know you all well, and would love feedback on my recipes. So, hopefully I will hear from you guys!

:chef:_devon

Welcome, and yes indeed post those recipes! What's your favorite type of cooking?

My favorite type of cooking

I love to do savory. I just posted about crostini yesturday.
Here is a picture
img_648804_0_82f11b11c915fce238406c8c96d687f4.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom