Hi Everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macshannon

Assistant Cook
Wow! You all seem so friendly. I'm excited about this, but it is very new to me. I am a divorced, 45 yr old full time nursing student, and mother of 2 wonderful teenage daughters in California. I was googling "crispy salty shrimp" and ended up here. I read a bunch of the posts in just a few of the threads and thought that you sounded like, if I registered, and threw something out there, you might be nice enough to grab me by my reins and give me a nudge. I LOVE cooking, and have so little time for it. I have enjoyed your meals vicariously through your posts, and I hope I can bring something to the table. Sincerely, Shannon

PS. I'm still looking for that crispy salty shrimp recipe.:flowers:

Hi, Shannon! mr. callie is the shrimp cooker in our family - so I'm no help there...but want to welcome you to the group. Sounds like you are a busy lady!!

Hi, Shannon in California. Welcome to the fine world of DC. Don't worry about not getting an answer to your initial question. We are a large group and, sometimes, it takes a little bit before the "right" member sees a request.

Glad to have you. Join in any time and get your daughters to join in on the fun. Who knows? They could discover the love of cooking!

Thanks, callie, uncle Bob and Katie. Im just so excited to find this place. I google food stuff all the time, and I can't believe I havent come across this site b4. This is the first recipe that Ive had a hard time finding. I had it a few months back at little canton/scechzwan(sp?) resteraunt here in town, and when we went back a couple of weeks ago, it had closed. They were so different. They are appearantly a common appetizer at the mourning tea gatherings in China. I found lots of cute tidbits about them exept how to make them. I wish I'd paid more attention when I had them last. I thought I'd have another chance. I hate it when my OCD is validated. You all have such great quotes, Im going to have to think of something good.

Hi Shannon and welcome to DC! I found DC about 6 mos ago and also wondered how this site escaped me for so long. Congrats on going back to school. That's a huge accomplishment for any parent, especially a single one!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom