Hi everyone! :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shaheen

Senior Cook
hi everybody! i am shaheen. im 19 years old. i am so excited to be a part of the formum :) i love cooking and trying out new recipes. i've recently got a cook's handbook and basic recipes. its really nice. basic methods of cooking have been explained with illustrations and its got 500 recipes! i'd love to exchange ideas and views about cooking. looking forward to knowing you guys! :)

Welcome to DC, Shaheen!! You mentioned in your post about Twinkies that you aren't in the states. What country are you in? We have many many that are all over.

Welcome, shaheen! We've got young and not so young here - but everyone is young at heart and very kind!!

Forget the food, let's talk movies. I love Indian movies. Ever since I saw my first one, Avara, some 40 years ago with Rach Kapoor (not sure about speling) I love it.

Oh, and welcome.

Hey CharlieD!:) You got the name almost correct, it's Raj Kapoor. I have heard of the movie but haven't seen it. Heard of Shah Rukh Khan? He's a big hit here. Which is the last Hindi movie that you saw?

Honestly I haven't seen much of new stuff. They are not radely available here in the USA. I grew up in Soviet Union and the Indian movies were a huge hit there. But since I came here 16 years ago it is mostly the old Indian movies on tapes, that i get to see. So really nothing new. Probably you haven't seen anything I know.

Is that so? Because when I went to the USA for my vacation, I saw a Hindi movie. It was way back in '98 in Miami..

Hi Shaheen, I've almost been to Bombay(Mumbai). I was

on a flight to New Delhi and my 4 hour layover in Bombay turned into an 11 1/2 hour layover due to fog in New Delhi. Maybe next time I'll get to see some of your city not just the inside of the airport.

ya that would be great! You tell me when you down and I'll give you a list of places to visit! Where are you from Lizannd?

I live in New York State, not far from Syracuse. I was making my first, and

so far only, trip to India for a wedding. Had a really great time.

Back
Top Bottom