Hi from another Aussie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kabana&Cheese

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone. I live in country Victoria and found this forum which trying to see how I went with my Feijoada I think. I am really impressed with the ethnic section here. :) I look forward to reading some more of it.

I had to get interested in recipes again after we moved here in January 2004. The shop is tiny. Luckily I can get fruit, vegies and herbs online, although the shop has improved alot in the last few months, buying buttermilk is an example. I put it to good use learning how to make biscuits and gravy.

At the moment I am trying out all kinds of American dishes.

We hope to grow some collard greens and okra and some cheerful sunflowers in the coming season, just so I know what they are. Our sunflowers are a bit plain.

We have had fads over the years, I think we are over stir-fry and Italian to some extent. I mainly have meals that include the meats that always seem to be in the supermarket fridge otherwise I would have to visit the shop too much.

Look forward to getting to know you.

Hi Kabana..

Hope to see you here often...We are all happy when a new member signs on...This a friendly helpful group you've found...Glad to get to know you...A big WELCOME
kadesma:)

Welcome to our family!

I think it's wonderful that you're trying out American food! It is quite tasty, I think - and your sunflowers will be prettier than you can imagine!

Have you ever make an American Thanksgiving dinner? It's one of my favorites.

5.gif
Hello and welcome, K&C! It is nice to have you join us!

I was thinking country Victoria doesn't quite describe me! I am actually near the Snowy Mountains. The others are all a lot closer to Melbourne!

I am working up to a Thanksgiving Dinner, only this week I saw some Thanksgiving menus. I have been making alot of pumpkin things after we grew some, they were used up recently. Also used up my frozen cranberries recently too. They were lovely to look at in the box.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

We are so happy you found us. You really are going to love it here. This is the friendliest group of people on the internet!

I have to agree with Jkath about a Thanksgiving dinner. It is one of the most "American" type meals I can think of and one of the best IMO. Turkey with gravy, stuffing, cranberry relish and/or sauce, sweet potatoes, all sorts of veggies, mashed potatoes. I am getting so hungry just thinking of it all. I am so happy that Thanksgiving is just a few months away.

Welcome to the site. I am sure you are going to love it here :)

Back
Top Bottom