Hi from Denmark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DKRich

Assistant Cook
Hi all

May I introduce myself, Richard, an English guy and foodie living in Aarus, Denmark.

I have wide food tastes, travelled a lot and have a bit of a soft spot for South Itlaian, especially Neopolitan.

Rich

Aarhus Jutland?

I'm in Sweden, 2 hours North of Copenhagen by train. I been ponder go to Aarhus but so far, Copenhagen might be the first stop in Denmark, cheaper and enough fun for a day.

I hope you will have fun here.

Aarhus Jutland?

I'm in Sweden, 2 hours North of Copenhagen by train. I been ponder go to Aarhus but so far, Copenhagen might be the first stop in Denmark, cheaper and enough fun for a day.

I hope you will have fun here.

Hej og godt dag CakePoet, Aarhus has some good restaurants and they are a good bit cheaper than CPH. Happy to host when you make it!

I should get to Aarhus, I do have friends living close by. But they come to me instead, we do have few good restaurants here too in Växjö. Reason for Copenhagen, the train goes all the way outside my door and I can get a cheap family ticket.

Hi CakePoet, yes, its a much longer journey, CPH is though very hipster and a bit trendy so I find it pushes up prices. You are though quite spoilt with many great places, a favorite of mine is Torvehallerne . . not quite London Borough market but not bad!

Velkommen! One of the best racers of all time is Tom Kristensen, AKA "Mister LeMans," AKA, "The Great Dane."

I envy the ability of Europeans to travel to so many countries in a matter of hours, by car, plane or train. I wish we had better train services here -- it is such a pleasant way to travel when I go to Europe.

I hope you and CakePoet get together at some time.

CD

Attachments

• great-dane-feature-car-and-driver-photo-88432-s-original.jpg
    great-dane-feature-car-and-driver-photo-88432-s-original.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 207
Thanks CaseyDog,

Yes, when one considers the huge cultural difference and for us, the food differences in a car drive we have a lot of opportunity and privilage but we do of course have regional ignorance which find meat, potato and salt he best and be all!

Dallas though (and I only made it to Houston) is very much obliged to many good diversities is it not?

Rich

DkRich; half of my family is Scottish. So far we havent been to Copenhagen as family, we will someday. How ever I spent a lot of time in Denmark as kid, since it is a "brother country" to Sweden , we didnt need passport and I had family there. I just realised it 8 years since I had a stay over in Copenhagen, I done stops but no sleep over. So Cophagen and friends it is this summer. You are always welcomed over for Coffee .

Thanks CaseyDog,

Yes, when one considers the huge cultural difference and for us, the food differences in a car drive we have a lot of opportunity and privilage but we do of course have regional ignorance which find meat, potato and salt he best and be all!

Dallas though (and I only made it to Houston) is very much obliged to many good diversities is it not?

Rich

Houston is much bigger and more culturally diverse than Dallas, but Dallas has a lot of people from other places. I am not "from" Dallas, I just live there. That is very common.

Houston (and most of the Gulf coast of Texas) has a very large Vietnamese community, which has adapted local ingredients to create some interesting Vietnamese/Cajun fusion dishes. Asian and Cajun cooking have a lot in common.

Dallas and Houston are the two best known cities in Texas, but Austin, San Antonio and the "Hill Country" surrounding those cities have the best food, IMO. Not fancy food, just really tasty comfort food.

Dallas has mostly "copy-cat" cuisine. It is good, but not necessarily correct foods from all over -- and pretty expensive.

CD

Hi CaseyDog

I recall I went to a very top steak place in Houston and was a bit disappointed, but found more 'local' places actually of more quality. The foremost place I mention seemed more of a place to be seen, with valet parking and attractive serving staff but like I said, the actual food was middle standard.

As for tequila bars and friendliness as a whole. . oh wow !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom