Hi from Japan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whole milk

Senior Cook
Hi everyone,

I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm from L.A. but an expat in Japan for the past five years or so. Being from LA I grew up with soy this, carob that, and whole grain younameit; I recently stumbled across CREAM and it's been down hill since.

You wouldn't believe how radically my diet has changed in the past three months.

Anyway, I'm teaching myself "proper" cooking with whole eggs, whole milk, chocolate, white sugar, ad infinitum -- so I look forward to learning from you all.

Cheers,
steven :chef:

Welcome to DC and yeah, it's a good thing you dropped those healthy habits. Now, when you are 120, you can die happy - not healthy. ;)

Tell us what took you to Japan, what are you doing there. Post some decent Japnise recipes that are easy to do it here. I mena finding some foods here might be a chalange.

Welcome to DC and yeah, it's a good thing you dropped those healthy habits. Now, when you are 120, you can die happy - not healthy. ;)

Tell us what took you to Japan, what are you doing there. Post some decent Japnise recipes that are easy to do it here. I mena finding some foods here might be a chalange.

After eating my first proper mousse I realized I could never go back to my Tofu Chocolate Mousse -- who knew cream and eggs could be addicting? :rolleyes:

I came here to pay off my student loans but I ended up really loving it here and am in the process of buying an apartment. It's really easy to live here minus the rising prices recently:

2.5kg flour 7-10USD
10 eggs 2-3USD
200g butter 4USD

How are prices on your side of the planet?

One brother I had in service was in the Counter Intelligence over there. He cannot say enough about how it used to be. Doesn't know if it still is the same. What city are you in? he did climb Mt Fuji.

I spent two wonderful years in Japan not far from Tokyo had a blast except when the typhoon's would come, just what part of the land of Nihongo do you live. Enjoy your stay

One brother I had in service was in the Counter Intelligence over there. He cannot say enough about how it used to be. Doesn't know if it still is the same. What city are you in? he did climb Mt Fuji.

I'm in Yokohama. There are three miliatary bases near by but I almost never see military personal (esp after what happened in Okinawa recently).

No one climes Fuji. It's too easy to call a climb. It's more like walking up a flight -- a very long, long flight -- of stairs. :rolleyes: But the view is amazing. I've climbed a few times but I go because when you get over the mountain there's an amazing rollarcoaster park there. It boasts the worlds highest and fastest rollarcoasters and the worlds longest haunted house (takes over an hour to get out, assuming you find the right paths).

How long ago did your brother serve over here?

I'm in Yokohama. There are three miliatary bases near by but I almost never see military personal (esp after what happened in Okinawa recently).

No one climes Fuji. It's too easy to call a climb. It's more like walking up a flight -- a very long, long flight -- of stairs. :rolleyes: But the view is amazing. I've climbed a few times but I go because when you get over the mountain there's an amazing rollarcoaster park there. It boasts the worlds highest and fastest rollarcoasters and the worlds longest haunted house (takes over an hour to get out, assuming you find the right paths).

How long ago did your brother serve over here?

Yokohoma is exactly where he was stationed! However, it has been some years since he has been there and when I told him you were there as of today he seems to want to know more information. Would it be okay if he does ask you some reference questions of how it is today vs. when he was there and the economy as whole? Doesn't want to be bother. Was shocked when you described Mt Fuji. Said kind of disappointing how commercialized things get if you don't keep up with changes that have taken place.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom