Hi from N.E. Ohio.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wart

Washing Up
Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster.

My names Mark and I'm staring over the crest of the hill (49 years old). Funny thing is, the older I get the more rounded that crest becomes. LOL!

There is just too darned much to say about my history with food, Mom was pretty much 'domestic' (ugh) so I was raised eating home cooking (not to mention the garden). And from the time I was a child I puttered in the kitchen.

As a young man I moved out and started eating the way most of Americans eat, cheap and or easy. I still did the occasional special thing, usually to impress a Lady.

With marriage not much changed. Since we don't have children eating pretty much stayed the same, eat out, effectively TV dinners, and the occasional special dinner.

Then I had epiphany, I was paying the 'food' industry' to poison me, and paying them too much at that!

Simply, I can make better food and make it cheaper at home than I can buy ANYWHERE else.

I got tired of eating at McDonalds (sic), my gut being full, my skin feeling ... greasy?? .... and my body telling me I didn't get the needed nutrition.

Prepared foods from the Big Box are no better. Especially on the nutrition thing.

AND I can no longer go to real restaurants and look at their prices and what I get (not portion wise) for the money without it going through my head that I can do better for far less money. (Cheap is in my ancestry, sort of).

Welcome to my kitchen:

Golly, I guess I can't embed graphics for another 19 posts. LOL

Anyhow, as you can see, or maybe not, I'm now a bit deeper into cooking than puttering and boiling water to save a buck.

You can also see I'm stuck somewhere between building cabinets and building the doors for the cabinets.

My problem is, I started my working life as a mechanic and am now in a technical field that demands precision and accuracy. My tools need to be better than needed, the bare minimum with either tooling or practices does not get very far with me.

Yep, I'm the guy with an actual restaurant range because those dinky home owner commercial units just don't cut it.

And I'm writing this instead of the paper on hand washing for my Food Sanitation class.

HI Lurker!! I mean Wart!!! Welcome to DC, glad you finally came out of the shadows!!!

Hey Wart. Nice intro.
I am also approaching that crest, but my wheels are beginning to spin :LOL:

Hey Mark! Welcome to DC!! A paper on hand washing technique, eh? Can't imagine why you would have been looking for a diversion!!! LOL

Now you just have to do some seriouse posting so we can see the kitchen!

Back
Top Bottom