Hi from Quebec

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmelle

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone. My name is Melle. 58 year old semi-retired secretary living in the Eastern townships about an hour from Montreal Quebec. I hate to admit this but I don't like to cook much but am trying to force myself to eat more at home cause it's better for my health. So I happened accross this forum by chance while doing a search on how long to cook lentils. lol. Go figure hey. I was married and had a daughter and been divorced and living alone for 10 years so I don't cook.....but I guess at my age, it's time I start learning to like it since we have to eat to live. lol.

Nice to see everyone and I'm sure I'll learn lots of wonderful things here. :):)
Melle :)

Thank you Katie for the wonderful welcome. Maybe with this group, I'll start getting the hang of things and liking it better. :):):) Lentils are coming along ok so far. lol.

Cook Something UP

Hello Melle, so much of what you said rings with me also - but I've been around about ten more years and about two years ago decided to learn to cook - for the satisfaction of it - I was getting kinda tired of opening a can, skipping the warming step and just eating out of the can. :ermm:

This is a great place to learn! :chef:

Hello Quebec. My family origins are from Quebec, and I was thinking of them this weekend because I brought a tourtiere to a party. It was a huge hit. Welcome!

Bienvenue, Melle! Welcome to DC! I was born in Montreal and spent summers in the Eastern Townships. Still have lots of relatives there, and a cottage . Enjoy!!

Back
Top Bottom