Hi, guys!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

240brickman

Senior Cook
...I love walks on the beach, drinking wine by the fireplace....

oh, wait. wrong website. :LOL:

Really, I am a cook & restaurant owner in central Pennsylvania. I'm ABOUT 39 years old. I've been cooking for about 25 years, but I haven't been cooking professionally for nearly that long.

I also give private cooking lessons, a couple of times a week, and I cook "on my own time" pretty much every day. I'm really into cultural fusion cooking, mostly; but I'm a big fan (and a disciple) of tradtional methods, too.

I look forward to exchanging ideas with everyone here!

--John

Hi John, welcome to DC..Would enjoy seeing some of your ideas and recipes..
kadesma:)

OK, it works

Allright, it seems to be working!

Thanks for the warm reception, everyone; I'm very glad to be here.

I'm trying to get my Weblog (lots of recipes, random commentary, and buffoonery) linked to here, but they must be doing maintenance on the server, or something. I'll try again tomorrow.

I look forward to chatting with everyone!

--John

Fasten your seatbelt John, it's going to be a bumpy ride.:) We love food, people and we love to have fun. Welcome!

:LOL: :LOL: John......my first thought was boy do you have the wrong site....thanks for clarifying that :) . Welcome aboard! Your gonna love it here. So what type of resturant do you own. Care to share where it is located. Maybe one of us lives near and can pop in to give you their stats :LOL: ....just kidding! I've been a member for gosh I have no clue quite awhile though and have found a place where I visit more often then I can count. Lots of very knowledgeable people here. So again welcome! Check out the members photo section to put a fact to some of our members user names.

Hi John, welcome to DC! Great to have you (and your sense of humour - we're a comedic group on the whole) with us!

15.gif

Hi John. Welcome to DC.

I like walks on the beach, & I'll pass on the wine. Have a little Cold Duck? LOL.

Do you have a specific cuisine that you specialize in or a favorite cuisine or recipe? You've come to the right place for some buffoonery and cooking (not necessarily in that order).

Looking forward to exchanging fun and recipes.

Last edited:
Hi John welcome to DC!! I see you will fit in just fine here, I hope you will have fun just as much as we do!!:chef:

hi john, welcome.

where in pa is your restaurant? always interested in trying new places...

Hi again, everyone

What an exceptional welcome I've received!!

A little background about me & what I do...I am part-owner of a (franchise) fast-food restaurant near Penn State University (go Lions). It's called Wings Over, and we've been up & running for just about a year now (we opened January, 2005). In case you hadn't guessed, we sell chicken wings (as well as some burgers & sandwiches & wraps and stuff).

I'd dreamed of opening my own restaurant ever since college (that's been about 20 years ago). The fast-food industry was something I had really hoped to stay away from (I was planning on more of a bistro-type environment). But things have worked out very well; I'm having a great time, the money's not bad, and the kids (and I DO mean "kids"--mostly college-age) that I work with are making me feel younger (although I realize it's all in my head) :wacko:

I also (occasionally) give basic cooking lessons, mostly in peoples' own homes. It's mostly a word-of-mouth type of thing, but business has "picked up" somewhat, now that the weather has turned Wintery. I need to get out & advertise some more, so I'll have some steadier business into next Spring and Summer. BUT...the restaurant has been taking up a great deal of my time.

And in case you're wondering, I don't actually cook at work (unless I'm making some lunch for myself!) :chef:

(boy, these Smileys sure are fun!)

When I'm at home, I like to try anything & everything food-related. One of my hobbies (I guess you'd call it that) is to modify recipes from the oven (or range top) to the outdoor grill. Still grilling, even while it's snowing outside. I'm not going to let a little pneumonia stand in the way of a good duck breast!

I also really enjoy (call this Food-Related Hobby Number Two) combining techniques and/or flavors from different styles and cultures. For example, I would have no problem adding wasabi to lasagne, if I thought it would improve things. Actually, I ought to try that.

Apart from that, I'm pretty lame, really.

--J

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey John! "Welcome to the club we have jackets"*

Cameron

*quote from Shrek 2

Back
Top Bottom