Hi, I Come From China

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Xie xiao, I'm not able to travel any longer, but thank you for the invitation. I have seen pictures from your province, and it is very beautiful.
Tell me please, about the other foods (not wild) that you enjoy. I am interested in foods of all countries.

dear constance;
thank you for your reply
the yunnan'agriculture is backward in china ,of course is far more backward than your country,people live majorly by wild food.the products they grow majorly are the cigarets and tea.about the cigarets,i don't want to talk about it for it is harmful for people'body.although it is famous on the world.
the tea include the red tea and green tea.no pollution,most of them are organic tea.it is famous in china and in asia and in africa.why i don't say it is famous on the world? for most tea only export the asia countries,and africa countries and all most the low quality tea export.perhaps the asia countries and afica countries are poor,they only need the tea,they don't care the quality.the chinese people care about the quality of the tea very much for they understand it very well.
most chinese tea come from yunnan.sell it all the country.
how much do you know chinese tea? perhaps if you can tell me something about china,i'll feel very interesting. for your eye's china is very different from me.
in one word,yunnan's most famous products are wild and organic,and people haven't the sense of organic and natural food. for pollution and chemical things are far away from them.
of course i'll do my best to search for some food they grow.but you shouldn't hope the apple they grow is better than your's.for seed of the apple they grow are wild so it not taste well than your countries' apple.l
i'll introduce more later about yunnan.

Dear Friend,
I did some research on the web about Hunan Province, and it is truly very beautiful. I also found out that there were no less than 210 tea factories listed there.
The only thing I know about Chinese tea is what I've tasted in restaurants, and it is very good. I am a tea lover, and like all kinds.
I also found an interesting recipe which is supposedly from Hunan...perhaps you can tell me if it is authentic.

General Tso's Chicken
The restaurant favorite is based on an authentic Hunan dish that translates roughly as "ancestor meeting place chicken."

Serves 3 to 4

INGREDIENTS:

* 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, 7 to 8 ounces
* Marinade:
* 1 large egg white
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* Pinch freshly ground black or white pepper
* 3 to 4 tablespoons cornstarch
* Sauce:
* 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
* 1 tablespoon Shao-Hsing rice wine or dry sherry
* 2 teaspoons black or red rice vinegar
* 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
* 2 tablespoons chicken broth or water
* Other:
* 1 tablespoon minced ginger
* 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
* 2 green onions, finely chopped
* 6 to 10 small dried red chilli peppers, according to taste
* 1/2 teaspoon ground Szechuan peppercorn or coriander, or to taste
* 1 teaspoon sesame oil
* Oil for deep-frying, as needed

PREPARATION:
Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes. Add the marinade ingredients, using your fingers to make sure the chicken is well coated in the cornstarch. Let the chicken sit for 30 minutes.
Heat the oil to between 360 and 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Add the chicken cubes. Stir-fry for a minute, then push up to the sides and add the sauce in the middle of the wok. Mix with the chicken. Stir in the green onion and the Szechuan peppercorn or ground coriander. Heat through. Remove from the heat and stir in the sesame oil. Serve hot.

Rice fields in Hunan Province

Attachments

• rice fields in Hunan.jpeg
    rice fields in Hunan.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 247
buckytom said:
hi xxd, welcome. (have you eaten yet?) :)

just in case anyone's curious, bracken is a fern, which most westerners would know as fiddleheads.

here's a link: http://www.gloriamundipress.com/foods_bracken_fern.htm

Thanks for clarifying that bucky! I've tried fiddleheads before, they taste a bit like asparagus to me. Fiddleheads are very popular here in Maine.

Welcome xxdxxd2004:)

sorry,for i am out

Constance said:
Dear Friend,
I did some research on the web about Hunan Province, and it is truly very beautiful. I also found out that there were no less than 210 tea factories listed there.
The only thing I know about Chinese tea is what I've tasted in restaurants, and it is very good. I am a tea lover, and like all kinds.
I also found an interesting recipe which is supposedly from Hunan...perhaps you can tell me if it is o

General Tso's Chicken
The restaurant favorite is based on an authentic Hunan dish that translates roughly as "ancestor meeting place chicken."

Serves 3 to 4

INGREDIENTS:

* 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, 7 to 8 ounces
* Marinade:
* 1 large egg white
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* Pinch freshly ground black or white pepper
* 3 to 4 tablespoons cornstarch
* Sauce:
* 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
* 1 tablespoon Shao-Hsing rice wine or dry sherry
* 2 teaspoons black or red rice vinegar
* 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
* 2 tablespoons chicken broth or water
* Other:
* 1 tablespoon minced ginger
* 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
* 2 green onions, finely chopped
* 6 to 10 small dried red chilli peppers, according to taste
* 1/2 teaspoon ground Szechuan peppercorn or coriander, or to taste
* 1 teaspoon sesame oil
* Oil for deep-frying, as needed

PREPARATION:
Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes. Add the marinade ingredients, using your fingers to make sure the chicken is well coated in the cornstarch. Let the chicken sit for 30 minutes.
Heat the oil to between 360 and 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Add the chicken cubes. Stir-fry for a minute, then push up to the sides and add the sauce in the middle of the wok. Mix with the chicken. Stir in the green onion and the Szechuan peppercorn or ground coriander. Heat through. Remove from the heat and stir in the sesame oil. Serve hot.

Rice fields in Hunan Province
Dear constance:
sorry for i reply you late,for i have a business trip.
i think the recipe that you tell me is authentic.
you said you like the china tea,can tell you me,do you like green tea or red tea or other coulour tea?why you only have a taste in restaurants.not drink it very day?
can you tell me some?
by the way ,can you tell me how to post the picture here?
i don't know that.
thank you very much.

Dear constance:
very sorry for my late reply for i just have business trip.
i think the recipe you tell me is true.
you said you like the china tea can you tell me do you like green tea or red tea ,or other colour tea?do you drink tea very day?
waiting for your reply.
have a good time

Dear Xie Xiao,
I like green tea very much. I'm not familiar with the red tea, except for ginseng tea.
I live in a rural area, and while we have a great variety of food available here, some of the more exotic foods are hard to find. That is why I haven't tried China tea at home.
It is possible that the American brands of tea that I buy contain China tea, as tea is not grown much here.

To post pictures, scroll down past your message box, and you will see a box that says "Additional Options". Look for the section that says "Attach Files" and click "manage attachments". A screen will appear that says "upload file". Click "Browse", and a screen will appear that allows you to choose a photo from your files.
Choose the photo and click open. Once you have opened the photo, that screen will disappear, and you will be back to "Attach Files". Click "upload", and when you see the title of your file in the box, click "close screen. That screen will then disappear, and you will be back to your post.
Click "submit reply", and your photo should show up.
I hope I helped.

Your friend,
Connie

Have you ever drank these green tea?

Dear connie:

thank you for your teaching.
I do the tea's business,so i have a lot of china green tea,here are two kinds of green tea,they are the best green tea in china.have you ever drank it?
your friend
Xie xiaodong

1)best daughter's ring--------------2)best biluochun

Attachments

• best daughter's ring.jpg
    best daughter's ring.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 76
  • best Biluochun.jpg
    best Biluochun.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Back