Hi! I'm new

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wvangel

Assistant Cook
Hi, My name is Tanya. My hubby and I are new to canning. We are hoping to can enough out of the garden to last til next year. Thank you for letting me join. Hugs, Tanya

Welcome, Tanya! WOW, you are ambitious... or either you don't eat much (lol) Thats a lot of canning, especially for a new canner!

When I was little Mom used to put up applesauce and tomatoes in large quantities, but not a lot else. I remember it was a big job. These days, I only do specialty items, like Brandied Cherries (this weekend's project) and maybe some pickles.

Im more likely to preserve summer's bounty in my freezer.

Welcome Tanya, you will enjoy it here and there is always help if needed. I also can and freeze veggies and a few berries. I love to plant my garden and then watch it grow and harvest the veggies. I usually can 40 qts of tomatoes. Do you use a vacume sealer at all? They work great for freezing.Happy canning.

Hello Tanya, where do you live? I know that in my area, the Niagara Peninsula in Ontario, Canada, there is no need to do any canning unless one is a traditionalist. Preserves are a little different, and we do end up doing the small fruit ones as well as peach jam.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom