Hi I'm new..(of course)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mutt_jr

Assistant Cook
not really sure what to write on here..but i like cookin..it actually relaxes me when i'm stressed..that and reading. i'm in charlotte, nc.. i'm 32 and i think that all i need to say for now.

i'm on here because i have a craving for vegetable soup..however, i was wondering if anyone has ever tried it with smoked sausage before. i usually use ham pieces/scraps or chicken when i make soup. as it stands...i have no ham scraps and my chicken is frozen... so thats my next option..

any suggestions or thots?

Smoked sausage is excellent in vegetable soup. I would add it to the soup whole and slice it after the soup is done then add it back to the soup. That way, the sausage will not lose it's juices and become tough.

thanks.. i've got an itch to try somethin different as well..so that smoked sausage is a go for now. any other ideas or recipes are greatly appreciated tho. as it stands..gas is going up and up and up..so i doubt very seriously i'll be dinin out this weekend. lol

There is tons of stuff on this board. if you didnt already do some poking around under different topics and threads. im sure youll find something

welcoem to DC

Welcome...and you can add cabbage to that soup..sausage and cabbage soup is a favorite! Of course there's onion in there too!

Hi Mutt,
A big welcome to DC..Have a look at our soups forum..If you don't see anything you like, just ask for what you're looking for..Lots of the folks he will be glad to try and help.

kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom