Hi - Interested in world cuisines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ahkwaihung

Assistant Cook
Just a little hi to everyone on the dc, I am really knew to all this but I am enjoying every minute of it and it is just so fun to meet all of you here. My interest are in ethic food as I am from a Chinese background but at the same time I am also interested in world cuisine and how food can be merged I into one. I live in a small town called Malvern in Worcestershire, England. It's a great place to live and I work here too. I run a Chinese take away with the help of my wife and sometimes my daughters too. I hope to do lots of posting here. Goodbye, have you eaten yet?

Just a little hi to everyone on the dc, I am really knew to all this but I am enjoying every minute of it and it is just so fun to meet all of you here. My interest are in ethic food as I am from a Chinese background but at the same time I am also interested in world cuisine and how food can be merged I into one. I live in a small town called Malvern in Worcestershire, England. It's a great place to live and I work here too. I run a Chinese take away with the help of my wife and sometimes my daughters too. I hope to do lots of posting here. Goodbye, have you eaten yet?

Welcome to DC! Feel free to share ideas!

Hi and welcome. I am really looking forward to seeing some of your recipes for Chinese food.

Welcome to DC. This is a good place to spend some time.

I run a Chinese take away with the help of my wife and sometimes my daughters too.
Be prepared for us to pick your brain. ;) Can you tell us your best selling dish, and how to make it?

Wow

Wow, so many lovely foodies to greet me, I am so delighted to meet you all. I really enjoy experimenting, taking one cast iron thing from one country then intermix it with something else from another. Coke-cola chicken wings are really tasty with a mixture of soy sauce. Happy eating and cooking, to everyone here.

Welcome to DC. This is a good place to spend some time.

Be prepared for us to pick your brain. ;) Can you tell us your best selling dish, and how to make it?

I hold no secret as I truly believe that an open secret is just as safe how ever it is kept. Sweet and sour chicken is very popular in the u.k. and all over the western world but you won't find it in h.k. In our business it is important to a regular and returning customers so we stick to what sells. This cycle limits imagination so I like to talk about food and tastes that stimulates and inspires my passion for food. I like Coke-cola Chicken Wings, Satly Hen, Crispy Crusted Boiled Rice, Prawns In Presevred Beancurd with Lager Sauce, these are what excite me to cook. Have you eaten yet? Ahkwaihung

Greetings from Canada. I have been to England many times and have loved every trip.

International cuisines fascinate me, too. Lately I've been busy creating Turkish and Ethiopian dishes, as well as Eastern and Central European. I love to re-create dishes I've had on my travels. Most interesting to me is the culture and how it relates to food. It is a real history lesson using exotic spices! Have you tried any tagines?

Italian, French and Spanish feature often at our house as well.

"Have you eaten yet?" is a translation of a Chinese greeting as common as "How are you today?" Welcome, waihung, to DC! I'm sure we'll be learning as much from you as you will from us regular members, quite a few by the way who log in from Asia.

Back
Top Bottom