Hi there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elinoar

Assistant Cook
Greeting to all from ISRAEL................

Can help with any dish from my middle east region, any question, any recipe

bye

Elinoar

Welcome Elinoar. It is so great to have you hear. In what part of Israel do you live? I live Middle Eastern food. I wish we had falafal carts here like you have there. I need to drive 30 minutes for the only place I know to get falafal and they are not very good.

What are some of your favorite things to cook?

Welcome! I too would like to know your favorite recipe/specialty. I am not familiar with middle eastern food but would like to try a recipe of yours.

Hi there GB

if you will go to my website (founded this month) you can find a great recipe for falafel (easy too) that you can prepare at home.

I live in Givataim, 3 minutes drive from Tel Aviv. (israel is smaller then NJ , you know...:)

basically, the best middle eastern food (to my sole opinion) are thouse of the Greek cuisine. You will find that too.

www.cuisinemiddleast.com

Thank you all for your wellcome greetings. it is nice.

:chef:

There was a family that moved into our neighborhood many years ago. They were from Haifa I believe. They only lived in the US 2 or 3 years and then moved back home, but while they were here I became very close with them. At the time I was in the 5th grade and in that grade we had to do a report on a country of our picking. I chose Israel. Part of the report was that you needed to cook a food from that country. My neighbors showed me how to make sufgonyot (sp?). They were a huge hit with the class. I will never forget that.

For those that do not know, sufgonyot are like jelly doughnuts.

recipes

and a huge hit for your belly, too, I guess............LOL

One recipe I like very much to eat is called Mafrum (see pic in

http://www.cuisinemiddleast.com/pics.html

its stuffed potato . I guess its not the recipe you know but a blend of tastes to your palate.

here's the recipe

5 huge and peeled potatoes
salt, flour , oil
2 beaten eggs
2 tomatoes slices
1 onion, sliced thin
3 cups water mixed with 1 -2 tabs tomato paste
sweet paprika

dush of cinnamon

stuffing

1 pound ground beef
1 grated onion
4 garlic cloves, chopped fine
salt and white pepper

Mix stuffing ingredients together . Slice potatoes like sandwiches, each two slices are not sliced all the way through. Stuff the inside of each "sandwich" with the stuffing. Roll each mafrum in flour and and beaten eggs. Fry potatoes lightly brown.

Put some slices in a pot. cover with onion. Cover with the fried "snadwiches". Add water mixture and cook for 20-25 minute. Toward the end of cooking sprinkle some cinnamon.

enjoy

Elinoar

Last edited:
welcome elinoar (interesting spelling of your name. my mom is "eleanor").

the mafrum looks very interesting and tasty. copied and filed. thanks for posting it.

10x

Elinoar is a true Israeli name in opposed to Elinor, elianor etc....... its a name taken from an hebrew book telling the story of Samson.

thanks for the wellcome and yes, Mafrum is one of the best.

Elinoar

Bienvenue, Elinoar. My BIL visited Israel a few years ago and HATED the food there. He must have selected all the wrong places to eat at. Your mafrum sounds very good.

Back
Top Bottom