Hi There!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

C-Mart

Assistant Cook
Well, for my 30th birthday this past weekend my girlfriend (the best girlfriend ever!) got me a Le Creuset 7 quart Doufeu oven! So, I was searching the net for some recipies and came across this site... the advice and ideas I read in the posts about doufeus were great, so I thought I would go ahead and join the community.

To add a little something right off the bat, also while searching for doufeu recipies I came across another site: www.iheartbacon.com

I can't believe there was a site devoted to bacon, but they have recipies and ratings for different kinds of bacon, etc... What flagged the site in my search was a recipie for a tea-marinated pork shoulder roast that was cooked in the doufeu oven.

Well, I look forward to browsing the site and posting many times in your forums.

Welcome C-Mart--I am a newbie today too so thought I would welcome you! Congrats on your new gift!

Thanks for the great welcome! Christine and Jan. I did indeed have a spectacular birthday.

I have a little more time now so I can throw in a bit more info about myself.

My name is Chad. I am 30 as of yesterday. I have been into cooking for a long time now. I consider my speciality to be cheesecakes. My favorites are a chocolate truffle cheesecake, and around Christmas my pumpkin cheesecakes are always requested. I have considered making cheesecake as a side-job, but I'm not sure I want to get into that or not.

As for other foods, I just love to cook and I love to experiment. When I'm making dishes, I tend not to use recipes and I really like to wing it, expecially making pasta sauces. A few things have turned out badly, but not too often (thankfully).

I am a transportation engineer and work for a small firm called Transportation & Energy Solutions, Inc. based in Yorba Linda, CA. I live in Redlands, CA... about a 50 mile commute, 1-way, so that part kinda sucks, but oh well.

I have a wonderful girlfriend of 3 months now. Her name is Jan. Other hobies aside from cooking include reading, photography, skiing, movies, and music.

Welcome & Happy Birthday, Chad! You (and your Jan) sound like wonderful people. So glad you found us!
(and I always welcome new cheesecake recipes!)

Welcome along. I have only been here a few days myself, you will have a great time - the people are so genuinely interested and friendly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom