hi there!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mimita

Assistant Cook
I'm new one here. My name is Mimita & I'm French. I love cooking and wanted to ask you guys waht is the meaning of cooking for you. Is tit important? essential??
In fact, I'm writing a Memoire on "Cuisine" for my Masters' so that's why i need to know about your feeling concerning cooking.

I really hope to get to meet nice people & share discusions.
Thanx in advance, ttys
M* :)

Welcome to DC! To me, enjoyable cooking is something that I do when I am relaxed. The rest of the time it is a means to an end. I don't like spending much time on routine meals. Happy to spend more if it is more indulgent. Or if it is for something special.

My joy is more in the eating than the making.

Welcome and Bonsoir! That's about the limit of my French. I cook because I enjoy creating things my family will enjoy. I bake because it's complexity is facinating and I absolutly LOVE it! Everything from the kitchen chemistry, to the wonderful aroma of baking bread, to the Ooooh's and Ahaaaa's I am so lucky to receive. I take bread and sweet rolls to the office I used to work at; they still let me in the door.

thanx

Welcome to DC! To me, enjoyable cooking is something that I do when I am relaxed. The rest of the time it is a means to an end. I don't like spending much time on routine meals. Happy to spend more if it is more indulgent. Or if it is for something special.

My joy is more in the eating than the making.

Thank you Bilby for your answer, although it is short, I appreciated it. I would have liked to know some more details:

Why do you enjoy cuisine?
Why is it a means to an end the rest of the time?
Why do you rather prefer the eating than the making

All these questions may sound wierd to you, but I hope you won't mind answering them again!!

Thakx for sharing your opinion,
ttys :)

Back
Top Bottom